I guess I made a bad decision using local company to put rifle parts together I have two single shots now

harps

Well I live in Redmond Oregon I took 2 AG composite stocks, 2 Macbros actions, 2 triggertech trigger, 2 sets of Terminus bottom metal with Terminus mags and 2 Bartlein #3B, 5R barrels in. They were sent out to be threaded and chambered and threaded for muzzle break by Benchmark Barrels this work and the cera coat looks great and I know Benchmark does great work. The problem is they either cant or dont know how or dont want to fit the action , stock and bottom metal together so they work and feed from the mags that I brought in.So they charged me for 4 hours Gunsmithing and misc parts , gunsmithing is funny becaues they dont have a gunsmith, misc parts is funny because I had to go find and buy 1/4x28 cap screws because they didn't have them anyhow I have 2 single shot bolt guns till I send them to a real gunsmithing/gun builder that can fit parts together! This outfit just puts parts together and makes hunting video/shows

I had similar results yet different. Guy was actually able to repair a broken part in a old HR shotgun. Repair not replace and he had to basically remake the part. I was super stoked and he told me he could put together a rifle for me. Yep he did alright....bought a pre fit, pre-chambered barrel, screwed it on and gave me a list of all the top to bottom work he did with a healthy bill. In the end I paid his invoice for the barrel took my put together parts and I agreed I would not bash him by name on the internet nor would I ever send another customer his way. That stunt has cost him probably 20 rifle builds the last 10 years just from me telling people. Pretty sure most of them relayed my experience to others in conversation.

Just to confirm, you were using Benchmark for this work?

I am currently considering using them so would be good to know.

No, the company I took all the components for the build, only puts parts together, the company I took all the components for the build, sent barrels to Benchmark barrels for chambering and threading only, apparently the company l took components too do not do their own work (chambering, threading) but that is probably a good thing for me because I know Benchmark does great work! Benchmark makes great barrels as well!

Last edited:

No, the company I took all the components to for the build sent barrels out too Benchmark for threading and chambering, the work done by Benchmark is GREAT and Benchmark makes GREAT barrel! Apparently the company I took components to for the build does not do their own machining they send chambering and threading out, the company I took the components to only does minor fitting, mostly they just put parts together.