I blame you Len Backus

I feel ya man. This site has caused me to sell a lot of rifles and down the rabbit holes I have gone but anymore I rather have two or three amazingly capable rifles in the safe than 5 or 6 less capable ones. Now I'm always looking for the next best thing to give me more of a competitive edge. The community on here has a lot to teach and we all have a lot to learn. Forever more. My buddies call it analysis paralysis, I call it analysis bliss:) eat it up, soon you'll find it's more than half the fun!

Be scurrrred… very, very scurrrrred🤣

It only gets worse… run, hide while you still have a chance.

That said, good old 300 win mag is a do all for most of what needs done. Not crazy expensive quite yet and with the exception of some companies that only want to produce top performing bullets to the tune of not enough, still can be made to shoot and kill far enough for most.

Welcome

I have two shotshell presses and have always been interested in getting into reloading brass but I'm not sure I'd get my wife to allow me to spend the money for components. Probably a poor time to start since reloading supplies sound pretty thin still. I do like the idea of it though, better quality than factory loads and can stock up on supplies when available so when the shelves are bare you can keep shooting. We'll see I guess. Recommendations on getting started just incase I decide to slowly piece together the needed equipment?
As a start, I suggest getting a copy of the 7th Edition of Ammo Encyclopedia. Not any of the prior editions, just the 7th. It has an entire chapter focused on metallic cartridge reloading. Also, there's a lot of info and data support your chosen cartridge/caliber. One shot, one kill.

As a start, I suggest getting a copy of the 7th Edition of Ammo Encyclopedia. Not any of the prior editions, just the 7th. It has an entire chapter focused on metallic cartridge reloading. Also, there's a lot of info and data support your chosen cartridge/caliber. One shot, one kill.
I forgot, it's Chapter 67 (page 881). The author is Robert Knight; read the Introduction section (pages 6 thru 8, and 896) to get an idea about the author.

First off I'd like to say thank you for having me, so far I've enjoyed the content. But I can't continue without bringing up the elephant in the room though. You all knew this was a trap and no one said anything. Now I obsess every minute of everyday. Now I'm looking to sell a few guns I don't use anymore, my chainsaw and more so I can afford to purchase a better rifle for long range hunting. I currently have a x bolt 30 06 and a cheapo savage axis 6.5cm. Looking at the internet for 7prc every few minutes. Should I go with 6.8 western? 300wm? PRC? 7RM? WSM? 28 Nosler? Who'd have thought it would be so stressful.
Welcome to the club!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 1 Clent.jpg
    1 Clent.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 19
First off I'd like to say thank you for having me, so far I've enjoyed the content. But I can't continue without bringing up the elephant in the room though. You all knew this was a trap and no one said anything. Now I obsess every minute of everyday. Now I'm looking to sell a few guns I don't use anymore, my chainsaw and more so I can afford to purchase a better rifle for long range hunting. I currently have a x bolt 30 06 and a cheapo savage axis 6.5cm. Looking at the internet for 7prc every few minutes. Should I go with 6.8 western? 300wm? PRC? 7RM? WSM? 28 Nosler? Who'd have thought it would be so stressful.
Yes it is addictive to say the least. As for the 6.8 Western, 28 Nosler or 7mm PRC, might want to look around for either brass or ammunition. That can be very stressful. Thanks of joining the club here, we all suffer from the same illness.;):)

"You won't believe what this guy sold just so his wife wouldn't find out what he was about to buy!"

Welcome. Don't acquire too much, I just made 4 trips with a full truck and trailer to my new house with strictly guns, loading equipment, my 8' bench, powder, primers, etc. Chasing the dragon since 2011.

Recent Posts