I blame you Len Backus

Firedad

First off I'd like to say thank you for having me, so far I've enjoyed the content. But I can't continue without bringing up the elephant in the room though. You all knew this was a trap and no one said anything. Now I obsess every minute of everyday. Now I'm looking to sell a few guns I don't use anymore, my chainsaw and more so I can afford to purchase a better rifle for long range hunting. I currently have a x bolt 30 06 and a cheapo savage axis 6.5cm. Looking at the internet for 7prc every few minutes. Should I go with 6.8 western? 300wm? PRC? 7RM? WSM? 28 Nosler? Who'd have thought it would be so stressful.

Welcome from Eastern Wa!
I say buckle up and hang on tight this is an awesome site! Amazing people here with tons of experience and wisdom ready to help and share. I spent years on the search button before I asked my first question. As to your questions, I'll leave that to the pro's here.

I have two shotshell presses and have always been interested in getting into reloading brass but I'm not sure I'd get my wife to allow me to spend the money for components. Probably a poor time to start since reloading supplies sound pretty thin still. I do like the idea of it though, better quality than factory loads and can stock up on supplies when available so when the shelves are bare you can keep shooting. We'll see I guess. Recommendations on getting started just incase I decide to slowly piece together the needed equipment?

If you thought buying LR rifle, optics, etc was a rabbit hole, buying reloading components is the "black hole"!
90B66D40-5DEC-4C60-8888-A6AC5A5883B2.gif

We've all stepped in the same trap so why would we warn you? We'd rather you join in. Welcome to the world of justification to your wife, maybe you can convince her that although you have arguably the most versatile and succesful cartridge in exsistence (30/06), elk and deer would laugh at you and you'd never get invited to hunting camp without a PRC/WSM. My recommendations would be to decide what your intended quarry is and at what range you feel is reasonable to you. A 7PRC wouldn't be a bad way to go as at some point brass will be available and by the looks of it will be a great all-around cartridge. Start scanning for suitable powders and primers (tough part) and stock up when possible, the firearms/reloading equipment will be more available than the components. Get a quality reloading manual and read up. Welcome to LRH.

First off I'd like to say thank you for having me, so far I've enjoyed the content. But I can't continue without bringing up the elephant in the room though. You all knew this was a trap and no one said anything. Now I obsess every minute of everyday. Now I'm looking to sell a few guns I don't use anymore, my chainsaw and more so I can afford to purchase a better rifle for long range hunting. I currently have a x bolt 30 06 and a cheapo savage axis 6.5cm. Looking at the internet for 7prc every few minutes. Should I go with 6.8 western? 300wm? PRC? 7RM? WSM? 28 Nosler? Who'd have thought it would be so stressful.
Welcome to the rabbit hole! I see you're completely infected with the gunpowder virus! Lol

I have two shotshell presses and have always been interested in getting into reloading brass but I'm not sure I'd get my wife to allow me to spend the money for components. Probably a poor time to start since reloading supplies sound pretty thin still. I do like the idea of it though, better quality than factory loads and can stock up on supplies when available so when the shelves are bare you can keep shooting. We'll see I guess. Recommendations on getting started just incase I decide to slowly piece together the needed equipment?
I know this may be the wrong time to hear this, but it needs to be said ,I think most everyone that has gotten into reloading has experienced (buy once cry once) don't waste money on cheap stuff that you will upgrade later!