I Bit the Bullet....Building a 33XC

There is people running them as a hunting rifle. There is people running 375 Cheytac in hunting rifles. I wouldn't build it uber light but like in the 15-16lbs range

You got details on this rifle and load?
That makes me want to order a 338 Barrel. Haven't even got my 375 wildcat chambered yet.
Well what I know is it's a 30 " brux barrel , chamberd in a 338 edge +P . It's set up in a Bat single action . Not sure on the brass but the load is 106 gr of Nv570.
I had to run out to the shop and dump 106 gr of Nv570 in one of my Remington fired cases. It fits !
I might just send one of my barrels out and have Shawn do his work on it !

He is pushing that 300 gr berger 297 ft.per.sec faster then I am ... hmm

Rum Man

I sure will.Actually I'm building two.
One on the cheap Budget end and one on the upper end.
I bought a new Savage 112 rifle in 338 Lapua Magnum for the donor action and a X-Caliber barrel.
The other has a Stiller TacDriver Action abd a Bartlein Left Hand Gain Twist Barrel.
My friend has a 33XC Built on a Savage 110 action in a MDT chassis with a shouldered Bartlein barrel. No barrel nut.
It shoots very well.
I went with the 112 because uts a little bigger action.
I want to see just how much difference their is. Abd what do I gain or lose between the two rifles .
If u need some brass or dies I have some brand new never used. Message me if interested