I am looking for writers to test - Nikon Spotter, Nightforce scope

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
The Nightforce scope has been assigned already.
=)..................

Nikon has a new VR or Vibration Reduction version of their high-end spotting scope. I have tremendous respect for their VR technology since I use it in expensive camera lenses.

Nikon VR spotting scope

I need someone to test this as a spotter and more importantly to test it for digi-scoping.

Then, Nightforce has a Velocity reticle version of the NXS that has vertical spacing based on the drop of cartridges. They'd like an evaluation article done by a good shooter matching one of their reticles with the shooter's load.

Two different writers may be best in order to move each project along. Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
Len I am interested in testing either. I have a couple of very accurate rifles that would bee good for a test on the Night Force. I also have the Big Horn Mountains in my back yard for some prime digi-scoping opportunities.

If I had my choice I would like to test the NF as I have been considering getting one myself but I would be happy to do either

I would love to test either one. I live on a big ranch in the hill country of Texas and have shot ranges as far as you think you can shoot.

I would be interested in doing either review. I have a Remington Sendero .300RUM set up for long range hunting that I could use for a review on the scope and also have a Swarovski HD spotting scope that I could compare to the Nikon Spotting scope for a field review. I live in North Idaho so I have plenty of mountains and hunting opportunities to perform a thorough field test of either product.

Hello Len,

I am very interested in testing the Nikon Spotter. My wife and I work together as a team, shooting gong targets in the off season to keep our long range skills as sharp as possible. Working with a high end spotting scope would be a true thrill. We ride our 4 wheeler to distant mountain locations, set up our targets at various distances (between 700 to 1,300yds) and elevations, then travel to a predetermined point to have fun! My wife is a photographer, so she knows the importance of great optics, and is very well versed in writing. Not only would you get a report of how the optics perform under all mountain conditions, but you would also get real world durability info as well.
If it matters, I shoot a custom made .300 Win Mag.
Thanks for your consideration.

Len-

Be happy to help test either or both. I have a professional shooter at my disposal and manage to put one on target, occasionally, myself.

Jerry Evans
President/CEO
Evans Broadcast Company, Inc.
Former host of SCI Radio

Len, I am going to be filming mid-June for our pilot, and would love to get another optic to try out. Let me know what you think. We're doing long range prairie dogs and coyotes for the show.

Scott

Nikon has a new VR or Vibration Reduction version of their high-end spotting scope. I have tremendous respect for their VR technology since I use it in expensive camera lenses.

Nikon VR spotting scope

I need someone to test this as a spotter and more importantly to test it for digi-scoping.

Then, Nightforce has a Velocity reticle version of the NXS that has vertical spacing based on the drop of cartridges. They'd like an evaluation article done by a good shooter matching one of their reticles with the shooter's load.

Two different writers may be best in order to move each project along. Anyone interested?
yes I have a off range orxy hunt I would love to try the scope on shooting a 338 win mag bear claws I think I have red socks

yes I would love to try the new scope I have a few nightforce scope but not their new velocity scope I am getting ready to hunt off range orxy here in NM it will be flat long range shooting I will wear od green for the test LOL

Len
Ward' Outfitters would be interested in testing either. As you know We do our hunting in Az and would be able to test each product to its fullest. We would also be able to share with our clients that utilize our rifles and scopes when in situations that call for extreme shooting distances. Gabe my boy would also be able to utilize the items in his match shooting.

Thanks Steven Ward
Ward's Outfitters

Hello,
My name is Mark Matthews, and I would be interested in testing the Nightforce Scope, or the Nikon Spotting Scope. If I have a choice I would prefer the Nightforce Scope as I am an avid wolf hunter here in Alaska. This is the place where your equipment has to be tough and reliable to get the job done. With extreme weather, and extreme temperatures, you can weed out the want-to-be optics quickly.

If you are interested in me and would like more information, please email me at [email protected].

Highest Regards.

Mark Matthews gun)
Delta Junction, Alaska

I would love to test either one. I live on a big ranch in the hill country of Texas and have shot ranges as far as you think you can shoot.

That came out wrong I ment there is the ability to shoot as far as you think you can not that I can shoot that far ha. Sorry about that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.