I am looking for writers to test - Nikon Spotter, Nightforce scope

I would be interested in a NF test for the 6mm improved. the UHV.5 runs almost perfect with my load I running with it.

Do you have a 3.5-15x50 model to test. I think that would benefit most hunting type situations and be plenty of power with the warm weather coming.

thanks SM

Len,

If you're interested in the perspective of a new long-range shooter, then I'd like to toss my name in the hat. I'm hoping to attend a good LR shooting school this summer, and then take my gear to Mongolia where I hope to hunt the mountains there.

If that sounds like an interesting difference to other, more experienced shooters, then let me know.

Thanks,

Bubba K

Hello, Well I'm pretty up on Nightforce NXS Scopes and Optics. I own a 5.5+22+56 NXS Scope with the NPR-1 ret . Non high speed adjustments. That and I speak with Nightforce Customer service all the time. GREAT OPTICS. I have mine on a Barrett M-82 A1 CQ. for a great match of Rifle and Optics. I've been into firearms for about 16 years and I'm a NRA Certified firearms Instructor in Rifle/Shotgun and Pistol and a Chief range safety officer Instructor. Also I work for the Clark County Shooting Complex here in Las Vegas as a Range safety officer/Instructor. I've really got into the class 3 stuff as of late and shoot every week. I enjoy testing new gear and not only write about it but tell other shooters at both ranges about whats new and whats hot on todays market. Also on your Nikon Spotter. I'm very picky about GOOD spotters because there just hard to find a good one inless you spend big bucks. If this Nikon is a good spotter I'd be interested in giving it a good workout on the range. And as always I'm very anal about taking very good care of my gear cleaning it after every use. If you want to really test something bring it to the Heat of the desert in Las Vegas. Thanks for looking.

Just completed a 338 Excalibur, and I'll be shooting it out to 2500 yards plus. I tried the Rocky Mountain 300 grain bullets with my first test. After sighting in at 300 meters, I walked it out to 900 meters(1000 yards less a few yards), then I shot a 3 shot group just under 3 inches. I had only purchased 11 rounds. I have more projectiles coming. I'd be happy to test either of your projects.

I would be interested in testing either optic from an unbiased perspective. By that i mean, i have never taken a shot using any Nightforce optics, only Leupold, Nikon, Redfield, and Bushnell. The only spotting scope i've ever used is Redfield, and Bushnell. Thank you for your consideration.

If you're interested in having someone from Canada test that spotter I would be interested. I am presently looking at buying a spotter as I would use it for long Range pistol shooting. It would also be convenient while hunting for Caribou on the Northern Manitoba Tundra and varmint shooting.
I am not a professional writer but I could definitely write a very good report on how good or bad this spotter performs.
If you're interested please let me know.
Thanks
Mike

If You want one oppinion from Norway I would be happy to get either one of the scopes tested. We are hosting the national championship for 500m BR group and F-class first weekwnd of june, andthere wil be many high ende scopes to compare. I also have awailable 338 RUM og 338 Lapua mag for testing the NF scope.

as a doctor, commercial crabber in the bering sea, and having over 30 years living in alaska, wyoming and montana, i have unique perspectives to this venue. having been trained in optics and their use somewhat, i have had to spend hours behind topcons, nikons, zeisses, and leica to mention a few microscopes, slit lamps (putting stitches into eyeballs and removing foreign bodies) and scopes as well. as i have done some hunting and guiding having been a professional guide out of hell's canyon and shooting long range for over 20 years as well as living subsistenence in the "bush" of alaska for over 15 years. i have found that very few people can actually see a minute chromic abberation, let alone know how to produce them.
if you are interested, email me or call.

doc

Hallo Len. I am far but very willing to join your testing program. I am a game farm owner, sport rifle shooter and also provincial chairman for the South African Hunting Rifle Assosiation. I occationally writes articles to our biggest shooting magazine Man Magnum. I am also a long range huntiing fan and follower. Recently I bought myself a Krieger barrel in 6,5mm. My remington 700 action is on it's way and my Bobby Hard stock will be delivered soon. A 6,5 x284 in the making as accurate as can be. I am aiming to build a long range hunting range on my farm and would like to start the competitions in South Africa. I am a Gunwerks fan and would like to soon in the new future present something like the Vortex long range hunting shoot on my propperty. I would love to start off and test your equipment.

A tru fan

A.T. Barnard

I would also be willing to write articles for either item. I am just about finished with my build of my 6.5WSM rifle, and I have two other long range rifles I could utilize. I have access to target ranges of 100, 200 and 700+ yards as well as long range prairie dogs hunting grounds. (Might as well get a reaction when you pull the trigger I always say.) I have good writing skills and have written for and reviewed technical books in the past.

Len I am new to your thread as I was looking for info on scopes and came across your sight. Very informative and great participation. I am not a pro writer or a guide but a seasoned moutain hunter here in Wy and elsewhere. I hunt with both archery and rifle but my passion is sheep hunting. I have 5 sheep hunts of my own under my belt and a total of 14. Most are here in wy bu acouple in alaska and the Yukon. This year I will be going with 3 and possibly 4 friends here in Wy for area 5 bighorns {4 tags}. We are making the first scouting trip in just 10 days as the snowpack is very light this year. Several more scouting trips are planned along with 5 weeks of vacation in sept. and oct. Can't think of any better test for a new scope than weeks of sheep hunting in the Wy rockies. I love to shoot photos of my hunts but have not tried digi scoping yet. The wind on the open ridges at 10,000' would really test a stabilizing system. If you think this might fit your needs e-mail me back and we can discuss it. Kurt

I'd be interested in testing either. I live in WY and have plenty of room to give stretch the legs of either. In fact, I often am working in the mountains and would have plenty of opportunity to test the optics.

I am new to long range hunting and shooting, so I can offer a review on the ease of use or the products or something along those lines.

Hello Len
I would be interested in testing the spotting scope as I have an Annual training coming up for guards and will be calling shots for the 50 cal out to 1800yds. I would like to test the scope but wouldn't be able to get a report to you for a couple months as I have this training coming up. Thanks for the consideration.
Ben

Hi Len,

I am interested in testing either Piece of Optics, although I would prefer the Nightforce Scope. I am planning a trip to Thunder Valley Precision's Range in Plainfield, Ohio this summer. I will be taking my Bushmaster BA50 and my Savage 110 Police Tactical in .300 Win. mag. Just drop me a line if you would like me to evaluate them.

Thank you,

"the constitution provides four boxes with which to defend your freedom"

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.