I am humbled when I think...

engineer40

Without getting hurt, I can hold in my arms, a violent explosion of fire that creates an excess of 60,000 pounds per square inch of pressure (think about that) thereby thrusting a chunk of an element from the Periodic Table at over twice the speed of sound into the exact position I want to put it at hundreds of yards away...

And yet I still get upset if I can't figure out why all of my bullet holes aren't touching on the target. :D

Pretty amazing stuff. I think we tend to forget about that pressure, sometimes. My job is centered around pressure, up to 10k, and I forget about it. A few hundred pounds can be pretty wicked. 60k is nasty.

A rifle is an amazing tool. My long shot this year was an even 1400 yards. Every time I make a shot like that I am awed at the entire package, the rifle, ammo, rangefinder and ballistic software. Simply amazing.

We hold more power in our hands than was ever concieved of before the last century every time we shoot a modern centerfire rifle.

We are blessed with the benefits of those who came before. Much trial and error went into our modern firearms and there is so much high tech gear available today to make long shots a snap that it isn't even funny.

The last 15 years have been absolutely amazing.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts