I am falling apart ...

My brother worked on oil rigs as a driller and had a roughneck working for him that got a similar diagnoses and was told to STOP drinking,eating fried foods and smoking so the liver can heal,he did just that and still works for the same company and had 2 kids since he was diagnosed back in 1986 and tells everybody that walks on that rig floor about the healing power of the body and the healing power of prayer.Our heavenly father must have known his children would would not always eat right,drink right so he made a body that has an amazing power to heal itself.
Ed listen to doctors,they are not perfect but they are the best we have.I know you have friends close to you but remember I just live less than 2 hours south of you so if there is anything you need I can be there in short order.
Old Rooster

Not quite the news I was hoping for ...

Good morning Ed

Thank you for talking on the phone yesterday. As we briefly talked about, the next step forward now that your biopsy tells us there are "cancer" cells in your liver, is to meet with the oncologic surgeon. His name is Dr. Phuoc. He will be able to elaborate on the results of the biopsy and pathology report and also outline further work up and treatment strategies. You are scheduled for an appointment with him on 8/11 @ 10 am. The address is 400 13th Ave South Suite #102. We will also keep the appointment we had you scheduled for with Dr. Tang, the medical oncologist. That appointment is 8/13 @ 9:15. I am here if you have any questions at all. Please reach out.

Also, your pathology report reads as follows, "moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma most consistent with cholangiocarcinoma." There is also a level of interpretation involved so I ensure you that Dr. Tang and Dr. Phuoc will be able to elaborate on that at your appointments.

Annie
RN Navigator
406-731-8146

... but I am hopeful everything will be just fine. Cheers!

Ed
UPDATE:

- 08/03/21: Biopsy to take mass tissue sample on the right liver.

- 08/10/21: Met with medical oncologist; recommend removal of tumor and gall bladder. My Doc ordered more blood lab work.

- 08/11/21: Met with hematology/oncology surgeon, and the recommendation was the same as the medical oncologist. On a positive note, he has done this similar surgery plenty of times with excellent success.

- 08/13/21: Schedule for another CT scan on the entire abdominal area

- 08/13/21: A panel of SMEs, including both my doctors, will meet to discuss my liver condition.

- 08/27/21: Scheduled for surgery – removal of the tumor on the liver and removal of the gall bladder.

I hope this would be it for a while. 😊

Ed

UPDATE:

- 08/10/21: Met with medical oncologist; recommend removal of tumor and gall bladder. My Doc ordered more blood lab work.

- 08/11/21: Met with hematology/oncology surgeon, and the recommendation was the same as the medical oncologist. On a positive note, he has done this similar surgery plenty of times with excellent success.

- 08/13/21: A panel of SMEs, including both my doctors, will meet to discuss my liver condition.

- 08/27/21: Scheduled for surgery – removal of the tumor on the liver and removal of the gall bladder.

Ed
That sounds like decent news! Doctors can do a bunch but if you believe in your recovery the mind can do amazing things as well! I'm often amazed at what mine has been able to achieve over the years. I keep a positive attitude about what's going on and it helps, I promise! As always you're in my prayers and thanks for updating us!

Ed my #1) prayer for you is smooth sailing through the medical red tape, and you're able to access the care you need. It sounds like that's happening from the schedule.
#2) is that you experience the best side of all modern technology has to offer.
#3) All those providing care from great too small, cause you to include them as blessings in all this.

Thanks for the update.

That sounds like decent news! Doctors can do a bunch but if you believe in your recovery the mind can do amazing things as well! I'm often amazed at what mine has been able to achieve over the years. I keep a positive attitude about what's going on and it helps, I promise! As always you're in my prayers and thanks for updating us!

Second that. God bless brother.

I had a carpal nerve release and cubital nerve release surgery on my left-hand yesterday. It went well and managing pain/recovery well.

Next week, I have my initial consult with a neuro-surgeon due to a pinched nerve on my neck. Depending on the outcome, I am also inline for a right shoulder rotary cuff surgery. Other than that, all is well. 😇

Cheers!

Ed
Never give up. Every day that we're vertical is another chance to fight, to reach and keep moving forward. This March marked 2 yrs. Post liver transplant surgery for me...precipitated by a genetic disease causing liver failure. Wasn't diagnosed...no symptoms until end stage liver failure set in. My only hope was a liver transplant....found a match in my niece's husband. Things progressed to the point that upon opening me up for surgery the surgeon told my wife that he wouldn't have operated on me if he'd known how bad I was. Point being....never give up, do the best you can, and don't be afraid to ask for a miracle. Im back on the mend...labs good, working on my strength and muscle mass and have two SD deer hunts and an antelope hunt lined up for 2021.

You're now where near done snagging pants on barbed wire and enjoying frosty sunrises.
Best.

UPDATE:

Ed
Update!

The CT scan was good, with no evidence of spread. I got a phone call yesterday, and my surgery is moved up to the 23rd. The change has nothing to do with any changes in the diagnosis.