Huskemaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Huskemaw?

so what are you saying that he is just making up the reveiw thought it was good. i really cant beleave how many people have tried to discredit this scope.i have looked through them & they are as good or better than any Leupold i have looked through not quite German glass but its not a 2000+ doller scope either.

Most reviews are just extensions of a marketing campaign. Journalism is so corrupt. I would wager that kickbacks a plenty have been made in this industry to promote several products.

That being said, the Husky glass is about on par with a VX-II Leupold I would say. They aren't that good and I understand completely why Gunwerks is branching out to Nightforce and G7.

In business it is about the money. Without that being your focus first, your company and all those who depend upon it for a salary are doomed.

Huskamaw and Nightforce are made in the same factory with the same glass. If you have trouble seeing through either of them, I suggest getting your eyes checked. What makes the difference is the procedure to set up the turret to exactly match the bullet being used. Yes it is money that motivates most of the american dreams that I am aware of. Compition in the market is a good thing as long as no one borrows someone elses ideas without reguard to patents.The wind hold on the huskamaw turret is patent pending and is sure to be a legal problem that will be worked out in the courts. I own 5 Huskamaws and 2 leupold VXII's and am happy with both for what I use them for. Any good scope that has the right drop chart will work just fine. The problem is a generic chart that doesn't fit the bullet. "Almost right" isn't good enough. The success of Best of the West and Gunwerks lies in their ability to use the Ballistic program to make a turret to exactly match the BC and velocity of the bullet for that gun and then print that chart on the turret.

^^^Sorry, this simply isn't true. They are made at the same factory, but not with the same components, nor the same glass treatments, nor to the same QC specs. I know BOTW reps and if you press them with these questions, they will admit just that.

Last edited:

805_Sniper

As far as clarity, your spot on. It reminds me of when I put on my grandparents reading glasses... Gives me a headache, and is unclear. I don't know why so many people are believers in these scopes but their glass is horrible

Is the new-in-box scope you have for sale also unclear?

Compared to my night force and Schmitt & bender... Yes it is blurry... However I am a perfectionist and as a result I waste to much money in this sport! Very addicting and there is always room for improvement. Some people like Huskmaw scopes and am willing to sell it at a discounted price...

Compared to my night force and Schmitt & bender... Yes it is blurry... However I am a perfectionist and as a result I waste to much money in this sport! Very addicting and there is always room for improvement. Some people like Huskmaw scopes and am willing to sell it at a discounted price...

i will give you 350$ for it since you guys are comparing it to a vxII:D
i have a couple vxIIs & i wont give them that much credit the husky was better. not german glass i have swaro & zeiss & have looked through lots of leica stuff all great stuff.i think they are priced good for what you get,is it a nightforce no butits not 1900$ either some of us cant afford to put those on all our guns:rolleyes:.the new husky has the coated lenses now & they changed some stuff in the turetts i beleave.gun)

i will give you 350$ for it since you guys are comparing it to a vxII:D
i have a couple vxIIs & i wont give them that much credit the husky was better. not german glass i have swaro & zeiss & have looked through lots of leica stuff all great stuff.i think they are priced good for what you get,is it a nightforce no butits not 1900$ either some of us cant afford to put those on all our guns:rolleyes:.the new husky has the coated lenses now & they changed some stuff in the turetts i beleave.gun)

I was referring to the optical quality of the glass, light transmission, etc. The specs don't lie. A better comparison is the SII Big Sky though, which I think has moderately better glass than the Husky. The VX-3s are much clearer than the Husky.

Ford or Mercedes, Timex or Rolex, Trout or Chilean Seabass...you can get somewhere comfortably & safely, on time and even enjoy a fish dinner even though your taste preferences and finances differ. The law of diminishing returns sets in on things such that the last 3% of perfection costs at least 30% more. I have Schmidt&Bender, Swarovski, Leica AND Leupold, Nikon,Trijicon,Tasco; my vision used to be 20/12 with USAF pilot color cone rendition suitable or night formation flying...are you impressed ? Neither am I, nor am I impressed with the insecure that must make a relaxation sport competitive whether it is tournament bass fishing or long range shooting. Try to think of this forum as a place to share and build up each other's knowledge base, bring in new shooters and benefit from the mistakes others have made. If some of these men knew the variance within the human norm as it pertains to the eye and vision; well they would understand why beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. My old eyes like 97% efficacy for $1,149 a little more than 99.5% for $1,850 and they have 701 reasons why...oh, that $701 / $1,149 = 61% more not 30%. I don't care whether you came to shoot in a Ford, Dodge, Chevy or Hummer...I'm just glad there are still outdoorsmen that like to hunt and the administration hasn't taken the right away...yet. I like both my Huskemaws...but I love Nightforce.

Ford or Mercedes, Timex or Rolex, Trout or Chilean Seabass...you can get somewhere comfortably & safely, on time and even enjoy a fish dinner even though your taste preferences and finances differ. The law of diminishing returns sets in on things such that the last 3% of perfection costs at least 30% more. I have Schmidt&Bender, Swarovski, Leica AND Leupold, Nikon,Trijicon,Tasco; my vision used to be 20/12 with USAF pilot color cone rendition suitable or night formation flying...are you impressed ? Neither am I, nor am I impressed with the insecure that must make a relaxation sport competitive whether it is tournament bass fishing or long range shooting. Try to think of this forum as a place to share and build up each other's knowledge base, bring in new shooters and benefit from the mistakes others have made. If some of these men knew the variance within the human norm as it pertains to the eye and vision; well they would understand why beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. My old eyes like 97% efficacy for $1,149 a little more than 99.5% for $1,850 and they have 701 reasons why...oh, that $701 / $1,149 = 61% more not 30%. I don't care whether you came to shoot in a Ford, Dodge, Chevy or Hummer...I'm just glad there are still outdoorsmen that like to hunt and the administration hasn't taken the right away...yet. I like both my Huskemaws...but I love Nightforce.

Everyone knows Chair Force guys can't shoot. :D By the way, Huskemaw doesn't transmit 97%of gathered. Its more like 90%, but I see your point.

Cumbaya.... Not!

I want to read everyones experience, good or bad, facts or fiction. I will determine what is right and not! Unless you are paying for my scopes!!!

Serious question, why do guys go outta their way to hamstring a good rig with a BDC equipped scope?

New at the LR gig, and overwhelmed maybe? I gotta say, BOTW and companies like them are making bank on their gimmicks.

Rosco, welcome to the site!

New at the LR gig, and overwhelmed maybe?

I am not exactly new to long range hunting and shooting nor do I feel overwhelmed.:)

But I have chosen to use a BDC turret for over 5 years, long before I started using a Huskemaw scope. I love the concept.

I'll let others debate with you on the merits.

You are right Len. I think that most people don't understand the concept of how Huskamaw arrives at the BC and muzzle velocity that are printed on the turret . It sure is fun to shoot a gun that has been set up correctly and having shot a lot of different scopes I can't fault the clarity of the glass in Huskamaw scopes. Sometimes people buy things they can't afford and it is easier to complain about quality than to tell that the real reason is the wife blew a fuse. I too am very satisfied with my experience with Huskamaw and don't have any problem seeing groundhogs at 1000 yards and beyond. Got my first one for this year last week at 887 yards with 2 min of wind. Way out there you must allow for wind, spin drift and adjust for temperature. An old saying "Don't knock it till you've tried it" applies here.

Status
Not open for further replies.