Huskemaw Question

Why do they do a moa reticle and a mil turret?
I think it stems from the early days of long range hunting when people weren't familiar with MIL, easier to just say it's .36" per click at 100. Fewer clicks to get to 1000 yards.

Is my math correct? Does this mean that if I should just sight my scope in 1 click low at 200? The margin of error at closecrange hardly being noticeable. But making up that 3 inches at 1000

Attachments

• 20210304_111122.jpg
    20210304_111122.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 64
I already figured out a flaw. I gave numbers for 10 moa. When actually to get to 1000 yds im twice that. So my number would double. But so would my "difference". After running 20 moa the difference is .66 moa. So adjusting 1 click low on sight in still leaves me with 3 inches high at 20 moa target. Is my thinking correct? Whats the simpliest way to correct for a .36 turret?

I think it stems from the early days of long range hunting when people weren't familiar with MIL, easier to just say it's .36" per click at 100. Fewer clicks to get to 1000 yards.
That's if the turret is 100% correct. Doing a tall target test would be interesting. Would you use a moa or mills target for that?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.