huskemaw

I don't know who makes their optics, but I have one of their scopes. Very nice glass, and a good simple system to use. Can't say anything bad about it.
Customer service has always been excellent. Just the other day I called them to see what it would cost me to have them service my scope, as it was not holding POA, due to my fault of falling on some rocks and banging the scope. Aaron said send it back and they would take care of it. While I have not sent it back yet, been to busy, just the fact that they stated they would take care of it is above and beyond in my book. There are better scopes out there, at higher cost, but for the money I think it is a very good scope and user friendly, and would work well for most average hunting shots.

Trueblue

Got frustrated with too much work and w/Shawn's dad going out and shooting that buck and being back home in a couple of hours........so I took the afternoon and evening off and went up to my ambush spot.

Visibility is to beyond 2K. Shooting distance is to 1120, as far as I've shot during practice.

I have a Conquest 6.5-20 and do the click thing.

There was plenty of time to get behind the gun and do some serious evaluations.

One thing I verified is that 15X is plenty out to 1200 for big game and 10 would even be ok.

Clicking for elevation (distance) is pretty straight forward.

When it comes to clicking for wind I'm a little less certain. Wind will vary by 50% of the maximum with in seconds.

As I played around it was easy to do the mental math for windage at any ranged distance. I am also quite comfortable with holding off for windage knowing what the wind speed is.

Thus, the interest in the Huskemaw reticle. I think it would be easy to get used to.

I also have no problem holding xxxx" of yote, deer or elk into the wind. I am pretty poor at remembering to return turrets to zero. In fact the windage turret remained at the setting I used the last time I shot. Probably would have caught it. But maybe not.....

Roy,
It's intersting that you mentioned 10x power scope as being adequate for large game to 1000yd+. I have been trying to decide on going with the 2.5x10 Nightforce scope because it is alot lighter than the 5.5x22., for a LR carry rig.
Just haven't posted a new topic for feedback yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.