Huskemaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Huskemaw?

I have had mine ( Huskemaw ) only 6 weeks r so, the scope is clear, the last 10 days it sat on a kawasaki mule that rides, well it ain't no polaris ranger, any way 290 miles over the ranch an shot a mule deer 553 yards, I did what the scope said held for wind an the deer died. It was not 900 yards but I did not see him at that range either. The scope works, The show does sell the scope thats what there in the business for, I think Aaron Davidson is a man of his word, He never says its a tack driver or its a competition scope, its made to hunt an shoot in side of a 12 inch circle. So while ya'll debate how bad it is, I have 3 dead animals in 6 weeks, I'am gona find something else to shoot its fun.

TF, don't give up on the Huskemaw. Just because some have bad experiences doesn't mean you will. I will tell you this though, it is a buyers market right now. I wouldn't pay full price for whatever you get. Actually I just picked up a new scope today and it was $300off. You can even find deals on price locked scopes these days.

Brent

I currently have 5 Huskamaws on various rifles. I also have 2 Leupolds with turrets by Kenton Industries. All are set up for dialing the range and they all will shoot less than 1/2 minute with burger reloads. I don't have any problems with the glass but I do like the bigger tube of the Huskamaw. I can see holes in the paper at 500 yards with all the Huskamaws but not with the Leupold but it is only 18 X. The important thing with all these long range scopes is getting the turret set up for your specific gun and load. That is what Best of The West , GreyBull Precision, and Gunwerks are all about. You can imagine how much confidance a shooter has when he knows where his shot will be on a vertical basis. Don't forget the need for turrets for different altitudes. And then there is doping the wind. It's not something you can guess anymore than you can guess holdover. It is all right there on the turret !Practice, practice, practice and use all the tools available!I'm not an expert but I sure shoot better having listened to these guys and watching their vidios!

TF, don't give up on the Huskemaw. Just because some have bad experiences doesn't mean you will. I will tell you this though, it is a buyers market right now. I wouldn't pay full price for whatever you get. Actually I just picked up a new scope today and it was $300off. You can even find deals on price locked scopes these days.

Brent
I have not gave up on Huskemaw. My new riffle is a .243 and the Huskemaw is to much scope for it . I went with a new Monarch X 4-16x50 with the nikoplex .That should get me out 800 or so and for a .243 thats all I can ask for . I'm looking into a 7mm and on that will be a Huskemaw .. and I have not seen them on sale yet but I will be getting out to some of the big shows this year and I'm certain I will find a good deal..

I beleive tascos plant is in china. Every tasco is stamped china.
The Husky is marked Japan.

My Super Sniper is clearly stamped Made in Japan... So "every Tasco" isn't made in China, but obviously with the price points that the vast majority of Tasco's products list for, that China is the source of most of their products.

It's all about the spec's... Tight tolerances and over engineered products made of quality materials will outperform lesser efforts regardless of country of origin.

I to have looked at Huskemaw and almost bought one. After doing much homework, and not being impressed with the company service, also not in one add,nor talking to anybody, did anyone ever comment on how rugger they would be! Honestly , I know we all take shooting very seriously, so for myself, I opted to cough up the extra $500 to buy a scope that is far superior. The night force 5 - 22 50mm. They are superior in every way plus extremely rugged with great service. Every body has their own opinion of course , But I want a scope that holds zero and is proven . Whatever you choose I hope it works for you.

Yep, I have a Huskemaw and am not impressed at all. I had to send one back because it wasn't tracking worth a crap and they sent me a new on that is still in the original box. I'm gonna sell it and buy another Night Force. Save your money and buy a Night Force. As far as clarity, your spot on. It reminds me of when I put on my grandparents reading glasses... Gives me a headache, and is unclear. I don't know why so many people are believers in these scopes but their glass is horrible and I wouldn't rely on them, especially for long distance shooting... Overpriced for what you get. I would trust a Tasco scope over them any day!

If anybody wants to buy a brand new in the box Huskemaw let me know, I will take a little off the MSRP.

Last edited:

After reading a few pages back on this debate, I was very surprised to see Mr. Davidson himself recommend the new G7 Night Force Scope. That should be enough testimony for anyone. I could be wrong, but it sounds like He doesn't even like the quality of Huskemaw (A company He used to own/run) versus that of Night Force! I would love to hear why he doesn't endorse them anymore?!!!

I don't think you people understand what is going on. ya'll act like some body moves it's bad. Ya'll been bitchen like little girls for years that a Huskemaw is not a Night force, Its not as good an so on. Guess what Aaron made a better deal with Night force than he could with Huskemaw, So he takes his stuff an puts it on a night force an charges twice as much. DAME GOOD BUSSINESS MOVE. Its about the dollar folks, What do you want him to do? Aaron is in it for the money. I wish I could have a job where I could go around the world an hunt and the Customer pays for it. REALLY DAME GOOD BUSSINESS. Just let him know what you want for next year an he will have it for you. Aaron is my HERO.

This has always bothered me a bit. I'm not saying Ernie's crazy by any means, it's always been tough to swallow that's all.

Huskemaw 5-20 LR Scope Review

so what are you saying that he is just making up the reveiw thought it was good. i really cant beleave how many people have tried to discredit this scope.i have looked through them & they are as good or better than any Leupold i have looked through not quite German glass but its not a 2000+ doller scope either.

I don't think you people understand what is going on. ya'll act like some body moves it's bad. Ya'll been bitchen like little girls for years that a Huskemaw is not a Night force, Its not as good an so on. Guess what Aaron made a better deal with Night force than he could with Huskemaw, So he takes his stuff an puts it on a night force an charges twice as much. DAME GOOD BUSSINESS MOVE. Its about the dollar folks, What do you want him to do? Aaron is in it for the money. I wish I could have a job where I could go around the world an hunt and the Customer pays for it. REALLY DAME GOOD BUSSINESS. Just let him know what you want for next year an he will have it for you. Aaron is my HERO.

I can't say anything about the scope... I've never looked at one. But... and I'll tone down what I really think and say... this is sad. There's a lot more to life than the dollar. And I know that Aaron wants to run a successful business and there's nothing wrong with that. But I hope he's in it for more than just he dollar. Some people come by their dollars the easy way, but there's a lot of people who come by their dollars the hard way, and then with some of the few left over dolars they have they give them over to folks like Aaron, Zeiss, NF or whoever, looking for value in return. I hope the recipients of our hard earned dollars are conscientious of providing a quality product and service which makes a win, win result.

For all you Huskemaw fans, or potential buyers, I have a brand new in the box Huskemaw never been mounted that I will sell for $1000. Any takers? That's $200 cheaper than their asking...

Well Aaron would not be doing this for free. He found a little spot in the scope market an has done very well at it, now all the scope companys are doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.