Huskemaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Huskemaw?

I recently put a Huskemaw on my favorite long range hunting rifle. I had pondered
for quite some time a choice between this and a greybull precision. My needs were for a scope suitable for back country use , certainly not a competition shooter.
The size and weight are major factors to be considered. Both of these scopes are excellent for this purpose. I ultimately chose the Huskey because of the 20 power
magnification vs 14 offered by leupold in a comparable sized scope. When a critter that I want is way out there, I like the added zoom.
So far I have been very happy with my choice. Just range it, dial it, and shoot it. It has been spot on every time so far. What more can a hunter ask for? The system works just like they show it on tv - if you do your part! The optical quality is fine.
I use a leupold HD spotting scope and to my eyes the Huskemaw is equally clear.
I know that some prefer other spotters also but thats ok. Variety keeps things interesting doesn't it. :D

I am in the market for a Huskemaw right at this moment. So if nobody likes theres send them my way. I have Night Force 5.5-22 a Swarovski Z5, leupold 6.5-20 LRT and just returned my Zeiss 4.5-14 Z800. The reticle for your 200 yard Zero is WAY too fat. I don't know how any body can try to shoot a 1/2 MOA group let alone a 1 MOA group when the reticle takes up the entire target at 200 yards! I was not impressed with the configuration. Hats off to the guy that started this he must be bad ***, because there is nothing percice about the Z 800 especially when you cant use all your magnification because it will move your bullet all over.
I have shot the best and own the best and have also shot behind a Huskemaw and the products weight, concept and quality is what I am looking for. the end

I agree the 200 yard zero line is a little thick. But if you work on your techinique you can figure out a way to shoot good groups with it. I can shoot half inch groups with mine easily. If your upset about the facts that is too bad. This thread wasn't to bash huskemaw it was a review. If you don't like the results don't read them. But the fact is those ARE the facts. You want a huskemaw buy a huskemaw.

If you were not bashing Huskemaw then why did you even start this thread, you clearley stated that the Huskemaw's optics were sub par (wrong) and that your friends did not give your Zeiss the slap on the back it deserved. As for the Z800 the 200 yard zero line is as fat as a pencil, you have to be shooting at a three inch circle just to see on the outer part of the cross hair. I would expect that out of a cheap Nikon or a cheap tasko not a 900.00 scope. It is not a precision tool and only covers the minimum when qualifying it as a suitable longrange scope. And as far as shooting technique I know Im not the best and definetley could learn more but I know that shooting technique is not my problem. From my time in the Marine Corps to now I can shoot the fly's off a bulls butt "not with the Z 800". But I have to zero my rifle after I bore sight though, unlike you

I am not upset by any meens so don't worry about that. The only facts that you pointed out is that you looked through one scope and said it was blurry when the fact is that the diopter was probably out of focus or like a gentlemen said before you were seeing heat waves. The Facts are is that Huskemaw is a good scope and the fact that you looked through one and that your friends missed a target with one does not meen anything. The Facts point out that they 1: are bad shots 2: had the wrong dope in the scope 3: were not adjusting for proper wind

Apparently in your apparent rage you have failed to comprehend what you are reading. There were 2 huskemaw Scopes there. Same story with both. Parallax was adjusted properly and they are actually excellent marksmen. And yes there was mirage which was evident in allot the Scopes Including the Zeiss. But had you comprehended what you were reading you would have remembered that this was a side by side comparison. Which means the hazyness and lack of clarity was present and noticeable because that was not the case with the Zeiss. The Zeiss was fine for clarity although as I said before there was mirage. Also just a side note it is spelled means not meens.

I was going to buy a Huskemaw at the local sports show. I paid for it(I offered $1100 and they took it) and was told I would get it in two weeks. A month went by and I called. They told me it would be here at the end of the week. Two weeks go by and call again. I was then told it would be the end of next month since they over sold. I got my money back and decided to stick with my NF's. Now I could of bought one elsewhere, but the damage was already done. If I was on a budget it would be pretty tough for me to look past the Leupold 4.5-14X40 with the CDS ($550) for medium range shooting. Long range and competition I would stick with a proven scope.

Brent

WOW!!! I'm looking into getting a new scope .. and have look and like the huskemaw thought it would be a great thing to start with for longer shots . as of now I get out 300 yards with my Nikon with bdc and now would like to go out a little farther like 5 to 7 would be nice . Guess I will keep looking

Here's a testimonial that was posted recently in the LRH Gear Shop by a Huskemaw owner.

I have some experience with the Huskemaw, durability and hunting use so thought I would share it.

Last November during a Bull Elk hunt I strapped my gun in the rack on the 4-wheeler and stared down a muddy rocky trail. Apparently I didn't get one of the straps on the rack in the notch and it popped loose. The muzzle of my gun jumped out of the rack and hit the ground. Before I got the 4-wheeler stopped the butt came loose of the rack and I ran the gun over.

I was horrified, thinking that my brand new gun and scope were ruined. The muzzle was plugged with mud, the scope caps popped open and were packed full of mud, the turret cover was smashed and there was a nick on one of the rings.

After a thorough cleaning I check my zero at 100 yards and the gun was dead on. I then found a rock to shoot at 885 yard and again the gun was dead on. I've had my Leupold loose it's zero after a much lighter fall walking through dense downfall. The scope is crystal clear, the optics are better than my Leupold VX-III, I don't have much experience with higher end rifle scopes so I can't make a comparison there. The elevation and windage adjustments have been 100% repeatable and the reticle is great, I think these two items are more important than optical clarity on a rifle scope anyways. Everybody who looks through my scope wants one, with those owning Swarovski's saying it rivals their scopes for optics. I love it, just wish I could afford another one so I didn't have to swap it between guns.

krisjblair

Check out gseven - Home

We are offering Nightforce durability and resolution, with my system of compensation, in a hunter friendly configuration.

Sorry for the shameless plug...

Well still undicided and uneasy about it so I e-mailed Huskemaw and asked alot of questions . I just want something good and not get taken for 1100.00 bucks . and I will find out what to do from there answers ..

Status
Not open for further replies.