Hunting with E-bikes

The squeaky wheel gets the grease! The folk with horse are the best funded and b*tch the loudest! Motorized users just sit back and take it.....
Horses a d hikers can use the whole forest, bikes are next followed by motorized bike and the when get to 50 inch and under (very little legal use) ivy's and full size vehicle get the least. If you look at miles it seems a lot but if you look at acres and overall forest use it's very little!!!
Motorized users of all types need to voice the need or it will be lost.....
Just my two cents

The squeaky wheel gets the grease! The folk with horse are the best funded and b*tch the loudest! Motorized users just sit back and take it.....
Horses a d hikers can use the whole forest, bikes are next followed by motorized bike and the when get to 50 inch and under (very little legal use) ivy's and full size vehicle get the least. If you look at miles it seems a lot but if you look at acres and overall forest use it's very little!!!
Just my two cents
Lots of roads out there. 406muley

Just my two cents
Agreed!

"I" respectfully disagree. My wife and I have volunteered, donated, and fundraiser for some of the trails in question. My scout Troop, Order of the Arrow, and Venture Crew have previously done the same. I have seen more damages/mess caused by horses than motorized bikes.
I'll try to get some pictures up of the damage I see caused by motorized vehicles where I am. 406muley

So do horseback riders wear helmets? How many first time riders have wrecks with outfitters. I see it all the time. Blame the "instrument" is exactly what this administration is doing for gun control. Ebikes are NOT to blame. E-Bikes do not have some sort if psychic influence over people. People are RESPONSIBLE and ACCOUNTABLE for their own actions so blaming an inanimate object is exactly how we are losing our rights. Its like saying its the horses fault for erosion and not the riders. People have to become educated on anything they do for the first time. Sometimes the education is the hard way. Thats human nature. Its ALL of our responsibility to help, educate, mentor, and if necessary or required turn them in for enforcement.

So do horseback riders wear helmets? How many first time riders have wrecks with outfitters. I see it all the time. Blame the "instrument" is exactly what this administration is doing for gun control. Ebikes are NOT to blame. E-Bikes do not have some sort if psychic influence over people. People are RESPONSIBLE and ACCOUNTABLE for their own actions so blaming an inanimate object is exactly how we are losing our rights. Its like saying its the horses fault for erosion and not the riders. People have to become educated on anything they do for the first time. Sometimes the education is the hard way. Thats human nature. Its ALL of our responsibility to help, educate, mentor, and if necessary or required turn them in for enforcement.
What does wearing helmets have to do with the issue of motorized bikes on non motorized trails and roads? 406muley

Read post 42. The whole point is E-Bikes are low impact, the use of any transportation whether on foot or not is the responsibility of the person. Many older hunters can now hunt more safely and from my perspective absolutely no difference than a horse. To compare to a motorcycle is ridiculous, heck a horse is a lot faster. And yes I owned horses, was a blacksmith when I was in my 20's, rode rodeo so I am quite familiar with horses along with the damage they do to the environment.

We do NOT need more government regulation.

At this time, I fall under the e-bike recreational user and your stereotyping. I honestly do not know any other e-bike owner where I live. So what are trail etiquettes should be? My buddy and I were on foot hunting, and the trail was narrow. We moved off the trail with quite the drop, and the guys on horseback gave us a dirty look for being there. My hunting buddy told me they are supposed to dismount and share common courtesy on the shared trail. I might not know all the rules, but I was raised to be courteous - Golden Rule
Feenix, I don't know you, so please don't think I am referring to you individually. And your golden rule is spot on. Etiquette is the same as it is for a motorcycle and I appreciate you seeking to understand it. In this area that means that e-bikes yield to everyone just like motorcycles are supposed to. Mountain bikes yield to hikers and equestrians. Downhill riders yield to uphill riders. Everyone yields to equestrians and I forget if you're supposed to be on the uphill or downhill side of the trail and speak to the equestrians so that the horse can realize you're a human. Horses generally do not yield to anyone, mostly because the dismounting/remounting and it's harder for them to get off the trail to yield to another user. In general, your golden rule will keep everyone happy. As a mountain biker, I often slow down and make the effort to step to the side of the trail and let hikers go by, only to have the hikers then hop to the side and wave me through. It's all good. I made the effort and showed that I understand that they have the right of way. They, in turn, appreciate that and understand that it's easier for them to step out of the way, and so they do.

Attachments

• 1621801217501.png
    1621801217501.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 136
Read post 42. The whole point is E-Bikes are low impact, the use of any transportation whether on foot or not is the responsibility of the person. Many older hunters can now hunt more safely and from my perspective absolutely no difference than a horse. To compare to a motorcycle is ridiculous, heck a horse is a lot faster. And yes I owned horses, was a blacksmith when I was in my 20's, rode rodeo so I am quite familiar with horses along with the damage they do to the environment.
If the E- bike wasn't motorized, we wouldn't be having this conversation. 406muley

Trust me...... I am 1000% supportive of letting people pay the price for their own stupidity and letting Darwinism run it's course and clean up the gene pool. But, that isn't how it works in the USA. Here in the USA, it will be someone elses fault that I did the stupid thing that got me hurt and now I will sue. Because here in the USA, nothing is our fault. It's always someone elses fault. If we've seen one thing in our recent history it's to take credit for everything good and blame someone else for everything bad. And ultimately this has nothing to do with whether I consider e-bike users to be a user group worthy of gaining access to every inch of trail out there.
And please don't think that I am against e-bikes. I am not. My dad loved his and rode it right up to six weeks before he passed. It enabled him to hunt places that he could not have otherwise accessed. But that still doesn't mean that he should be able to ride it on non-motorized trails. Again, it's back to having the ability to understand that land management involves trying to provide something for everyone, which is not the same as me having everything how I want it.

Recent Posts