Peterson's Hunting, Long-Range Hunting Ethics

MMERSS

Petersen's Hunting October 2014 issue had a good article entitled "Long-Range Hunting Ethics."

Here are some excerpts:

"Build your skill, and then let your abilities-not someone else's arguments-determine your maximum ethical range."

"The hardest part of this debate is defining long range. For some, anything over 100 yards is long, while for others it might be 1,000 yards."

"When the trigger is squeezed, an ethical hunter should be 100 percent confident in their ability…"

Nice to see something in the hunting world speak with some common sense. Have not seen the article but with that said and seeing your summary, I will buy their magazine.

If I agree with what is in print I will send the Peterson editor a personal note - and I would encourage anyone else to do likewise. This whole long range hunting ethics thing has got to be turned around before it becomes a full fledged wild fire. Painting all long range hunting with a single paint stroke is flat unethical.

MMERSS: Thanks for posting.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.