Hunting Bullets for 7mm SAUM

UT-Hunter

Does anyone have experience or Load data for the Nosler 175 LR AccuBond,
or the Hornady 175 ELD-X
I'm building a custom 7mm SAUM and trying to decide on the best bullet to start with.

I personally haven't shot an animal with the eldm. Do some poking around. There is a thread going right now on the same question. Long story short, the old amax was listed for hunting. Hornady discontinued the line and came out with eldX and eldm. The new eldm is the same as the old amax just had a shiny red nose.

Ya I looked at that but from what I see the Nosler 175 has a higher BC than the Berger 180 VLD, but then again I haven't shot either before so just looking for advice.
I wouldn't trust a word Nosler has to say on bc. I believe Hornady has accurate bc's but publish the highest bc to sell bullets instead of publishing the average bc. I would look at the berger 175 eol or 180 hvld.

The eld-m works great. I used it this year with good results. Hornadys B.Cs are accurate. Running the 180 eld vs the 180 berger through the 4dof the eld has a definite advantage. I know the 4dof isn't bias because it shows the 183 smk as a slightly superior bullet to the 180 eld

Awesome. Thanks so much for everyone's advise. I would have never considered the 180 eld-m before now. After looking into it it looks very promising. I love the BC's on it. Looks even better than the 195 EOL. The 180 Berger Hybrids also look very good. Any Load data anyone would be willing to share on these 180's.
My setup will be a 26" Proof Carbon Barrel 1:8 Twist with a Manners Carbon Stock and a Wyatt's extender Box and will have a Titanium Muzzle Break. It will be in a short action. I'm hoping to get around 3000 to 3100 fbs if possible. Any advise or Load Data would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

This is 162 eld-match I recovered from my buck. MV was 3115 and the buck was shot at 50 yards. Retained weight 62.2 grains. I'll be continuing to use the eld-match
20171115_113645.jpg

Rl 26
H1000
4831 sc

Either powder will work and have pros and cons. H1000 will have a little better barrel life due to lower flame temp. RL 26 will be best velocity. A friend of mine has a 7 saum with 180 Berger's shooting RL 26 at 61 grains 10 thou off with cci 250. 26" proof barrel and gets 2980. Remember to start lower and work up to that.

I shoot a 180 Hybrid in my 7RM @ a liesurely 2996fps. Took my bull elk with it @ 662 yards. No bullet recovered as it exited off side. Bull went 50 yards +/-. Exit was about the size of a $.50 piece.

Same load also took a cow elk @ 75 yards. No bullet recovered again. Exit was about the size of a racquetball. Cow went 50ish yards.

I shoot the 175 Berger Elite Hunter in my .280AI @ 2975fps. Just built it, so haven't killed anything with it....yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.