Jlk bullets for hunting

Not to take anything away from JLK, as I have no experience with them, but if they are that difficult to get why bother. Just buy Berger's and be done with it.

Not to take anything away from JLK, as I have no experience with them, but if they are that difficult to get why bother. Just buy Berger's and be done with it.

If you own a custom rifle, why did you wait for it and not purchase a rifle off the shelf and be done with it? Quality takes time. Plus in the case of JLK's, they have a higher BC than most of the Bergers. Another good reason is that they are priced better than Bergers, especially when you order in bulk.

Tank

I did this fall on a Mi. Wt buck. Dead deer. The shot was at 181yrds, not far, with my 700 chambered for the 7 WBY Mag.
I could find no entrance hole, or I should say, no obvious hole, the inside of the buck was wrecked, with a pencel sized exit.
Swampy said they work like the Burger...guess so.
This bullet shoots very, very well at 300yrds.

ya they perform like berger vlds shoot great but no good if you like to eat what you shoot they make a big mess shot a elk with one at 350 in a 300 win mag hit it in the front shoulders blood shot both shoulders never had that problem with accu bonds

I will have to disagree with you on this one, liltank.
There is not enough BC difference between the 2 to make a squat of difference, so why would I want to wait months for an order when I can buy Bergers.
Aren't you the one that posted you had to cancel your order with them, after waiting and then "needing the money"
As I stated before, I am not taking anything away from JLK, as I have no experience with their bullets, but personally, I am not interested in waiting for a product when there is an excellent bullet availible from Berger.
As far as the comparison to waiting for a custom rifle versus an off the shelf rifle, the example does not hold water as you are comparinmg the 2 as if they are an equal products. They are not, and thats why it is worth the wait for the custom rifle. Since Berger and JLK are basically equal products, the JLK's are not worth the wait for me. Simple as that.

Aren't you the one that posted you had to cancel your order with them, after waiting and then "needing the money"

Your right, I did have to cancel, but it was a large order. I just didn't want to order 100pcs. I think I orders like 300 or more and it was still under $200. I think it was closer to $150. That is cheaper than Berger in that size bullet or about the same. I wanted their 210 VLD LBT. It has a BC of .690+. You can't get that in a Berger. I guess it is what ever an individual is looking for. I look at there heavies and they kick Berger's butt. For example: 180VLD JLK- .735, Beger 180VLD- .659, JLK 210VLD LBT- .690, Berger 210VLD- .631. Being a budget shooter, I need to squeeze any advantage I can get.

Sorry if my comment came off wrong, that is not what I was going for. :cool:

Tank

thanks for all the replys guys after hearing what you guys said i ordered 200 of the 108gr 257 bullets. He said it would be sometime in the spring before he gets around to making them but thats ok its too cold and snowy outside to do much shooting now :D

Your right, I did have to cancel, but it was a large order. I just didn't want to order 100pcs. I think I orders like 300 or more and it was still under $200. I think it was closer to $150. That is cheaper than Berger in that size bullet or about the same. I wanted their 210 VLD LBT. It has a BC of .690+. You can't get that in a Berger. I guess it is what ever an individual is looking for. I look at there heavies and they kick Berger's butt. For example: 180VLD JLK- .735, Beger 180VLD- .659, JLK 210VLD LBT- .690, Berger 210VLD- .631. Being a budget shooter, I need to squeeze any advantage I can get.

Sorry if my comment came off wrong, that is not what I was going for. :cool:

Tank

I will concede that the JLK 's have a little less drop and wind at 1000yards, but it is less than 10" difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.