Jlk bullets for hunting

I guess I am getting old because I do not remember who told me, but their experiences were such that they acted the same as Berger's.
I do know I would be willing to try them myself-I haven't done that yet though.
I know this is hearsay, but it is what I remember.

I guess I am getting old because I do not remember who told me, but their experiences were such that they acted the same as Berger's.
I do know I would be willing to try them myself-I haven't done that yet though.
I know this is hearsay, but it is what I remember.

Thanks

They look exactly the same to me. They claim a better ballistic coeffecient. I might have to get some if I cant find some bergers pretty soon.:rolleyes:

I ordered some once. They take about a month and he didn't take my payment right away. I ended up having to cancel my order because we needed the money. He said to make sure that you order well in advance of your need for them because it takes up to 2 or 3 months for him to get your order completed unless he has jackets to complete your order in stock.

Tank

Boyd Heaton used them to kill some deer at long range. He was banned for a while from the forum for being muleheaded and ornery but mostly he is a nice guy who knows a lot of stuff so I posted his video for him. IIRC they were 30 cal 210's from a custom 300 RUM.

Len has since unbanned him, but Boyd spends all his money nowadays wrecking jeeps.

Boyd Heaton used them to kill some deer at long range. He was banned for a while from the forum for being muleheaded and ornery but mostly he is a nice guy who knows a lot of stuff so I posted his video for him. IIRC they were 30 cal 210's from a custom 300 RUM.

Len has since unbanned him, but Boyd spends all his money nowadays wrecking jeeps.

Where is said video. I would like to see it.

Tank

I live about 25 miles from Swampy who makes the JLK bullets. He is a one man show who has several irons in the fire, so it wouldn't make sense for him to do a huge run of bullets that he doesn't have orders for. He uses J4 jackets just like Berger so one would assume similar performance. I have some 168 gr 7 mm's on hand that I haven't had the chance to try out on game yet. I know Swampy would be glad to have any input from those who have used his bullets on game. Here is his website: www.swampworks.com .

In my testing (though limited) they perform the same on game as the bergers do .they are slightly longer than the bergers and my drops seem to confirm a slightly higher bc than the bergers and accuracy wise they shoot identical groups. I like them a lot but they do take longer to get typically than the bergers. In my experiences do t shoot game with the bergers or the Jlk bullets inside 400 yards. I believe Berger will tell you 300 but I had unsatisfactory performance at 303 and 344 yards with them. Over 400 yards both are good to go. Just my .02

It is not uncommon to carry two different loads. Some guys on here have a load using Accu-bonds or a partition for short range shots (0-400) and have Bergers and A-maxes for shooting long range. Just a thought.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.