Hunt'in Fool

SidecarFlip

My hunting partner is a member and wants me to join.

They print a beautiful monthly magazine and offer what appears to be some very unique services as far as booking hunts ans well as state requirements and permit procedures plus it's (magazine) is a good cover to cover read with very little advertising (something I like).....

I was wondering if anyone here is a member and their opinions, pro or con concerning the organization.

Candidly, it's not a cheap date but then, good things don't come cheap. Looking at what a quality hunt costs, rifles cost, optics cost, it's all relative,

When I was a young buck I couldn't afford this stuff, now I can. Problem is, I don't have much time left so I need everything quality......

The rag is over the top. I've read my partner's issues a few times. It's printed on glossy paper in HD inks and the content is all top shelf.

He swears by them but I'm curious so I've put it to the multitudes for an opinion.

I've been a member for many years. I enjoy the magazines and the free Browning knives that come every year upon renewal. I personally don't use it besides reading the magazines. Every year I've noticed more and more adds but it is still a great resource.

I have subscribed for several years. The pictures are good, and the articles decent. I apply in several western states, and having a resource keeping up with regulation changes, and deadlines has helped me many times. I wouldn't consider it a stand alone source, but as a piece of managing an overall program of trying to add a tag here and there its helpful to me.

I have been a member since they first started printing and find their information very useful when I apply for hunts throughout the various states! Great stories and photo's as well.

I also wonder if anyone here has won any hunts they offer? They have some fantastic hunts up for the chance of winning this year...... Not only hunts but shooting courses and custom rifles......

Some of the hunts make the membership worthwhile, that is, if you can actually win one......

Even if it's pie-in-the-sky (far as winning hunts), the quality of their monthly print edition magazine covers the price of admission. I only know of one other that even comes close in quality and it's not a firearms/hunting related venue at all..

Considering what I spend annually on hunting and reloading stuff, it reality, the cost is pretty small potatoes.....

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.