Fooling around with a logo

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Just a very rough, "draft quality" concept. The square reticle idea isn't original.

There would be a uniform background color all across the header.

Any comments?

Len:

You asked........so you shall receive.

I checked all of my scopes and couldn't find one with a square field of view. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It just looks a little weird to me in the square format.

Also, and this is just a personal preference based on the types of scope reticles I use..............I'd find it more visually appealing to me personally, to have a reticle such as the NF NPR2 or R1 displayed. Although I'd find almost any type of graduated indicating reticle to be visually appealing as an indicator of the long range shooting/hunting format.

I also, personally, would rather see the intersection of the crosshairs placed on the animals body in an appropriate location for a killing shot, such as high shoulder or behind the shoulder as in a lung shot. The horizontal hold on the animal's backline indicates someone holding over and I'm of the belief that the vast majority of serious long range hunters/shooters dial for the distance as opposed to holding over.

I know that it's a prototype, so to speak, but I'd hope that in the final version you would show an actual picture of whatever animal you choose and make the whole logo more lifelike, realistic and visually appealing.

I don't know how fancy you are planning on getting, or how far your software will let you go, but I'd hope we get to see several of your varied versions in the days ahead.

I think the general concept is great and I'm sure whatever you end up using will be visually appealing and will represent what the Long Range Hunting site is all about.

Dick

Thanks, the reticle is just one I lifted off the internet. I, too, was bothered by the hold-over and would plan to change that. So far...I like the square format because it is unique...not meant to be totally realistic.

it shows the crosshairs placed high on the back of the deer. this is what we all dream about doing, all year long. i think the concept is there but, an actule picture might serve it more justice.

Good start. I like the idea of a mil dot reticle but how about a four digit number in red on the bottom right to show distance? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My very first reaction was that Len is enjoying some leisure time. Thats a good thing.

Next immediate reaction was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif as that same sight picture with just a little light between the back and horizontal line, is the exact sight picture I used for about 5 shots on the largest buck I've ever seen and shot at. The problem was that the scope was on 3X instead of 9X. Hell, the **** thing was only 150 yds away instead of 350!! By the time I got things sorted out he was over the mountain.

I still like the logo.

With a deer of that quality the sight picture is all wrong!

Generally all I see is a waving tail with me in the rear view mirror /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Looks good to me, perhaps the crosshair a little lower.

edge.

Guess I'm not so picky Len, you're site just keeps looking better. One suggestion is you can leave a design up for say 6 mo. and then change it to add a little variety.
db

Len, I like the square idea but you could change the critter monthy or somthing. The title Long range hunting would look nice in a different script instead of blockish. All the poke a dots in the back ground mybe a mountian scene.
There is my two cent worth.

I might add I think you have done a great job here and I am very happy to be part of it. By far the best site I have found.

KUDOS

RH

rotorhead

The polkadots are some wierd effect I got when creating the gif file. Not something I intend to keep. I kind of like the square shape bercause it is a little different, maybe stylish.

Is there anyone out there that would like to take a stab at using the square shape and turn it into the look of a rangefinder superimposed over a deer?

similar to...........

deer_mule1_1asquareplustext.gif

Or you could use a nice buck like this one
deer_mule2_1a.gif

Hey Len ,

This is a good fun project , let it run a spell . There can be some good ideas come as folks get to think about it .

If you want a lot of input that has a lot of time thinking about the project just tell everyone that the person providing the logo of choice will receive a custom Dakota rifle ( caliber your choice ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jim B

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.