HS Precision Pro Series 2000 Stock questions

Montanasloth

I'm thinking about upgrading the wood stock on my Ruger M77 Mark II Long action in an attempt to satisfy my need to tinker with rifle parts. I want to use this to tide me over until I have enough money to actually build a rifle from the ground up for true long range work. The Ruger will be my main hunting rifle and will most likely be passed on to one of my children eventually. What are your thoughts on this stock, I want to good the bad and the ugly.

Thanks for you knowledge guys!

All of my long range rifles wear HS-Precision stocks. I even have the sporter style stocks on my normal Win Model 70's. All have been skim bedded, and are very accurate.
I don't have any complaints with them, other than price here in Australia, more than DOUBLE what they are advertised in the States!!
I actually recommend these on most sporters I build, most of what I build in LR are fitted with McMillan stocks. Those owners are willing to wait, me, I don't wait 2 years for a stock!!

Cheers.
gun)

morning, I use H&S precision stocks on my custom rifles. Never had a problem!!

in opinion, manners and McMillian r not worth the wait or the money. I just

purchased a H&S tactical elite for my 7mm wbee. had to order the 9 lug

set up, desert camo. right hand, heavy barrel contour. price of the stock was $700

barrel is hart finished to 28", #7 contour.

257wbee,6.5rem. mag.,7mmwsm, 308W, 223AIrem, 7mm wbee, 300WM and

ruger 22-250AI all wear H&S precision. all purchased from stocky's stock. had to

wait on 1. 1 month.lightbulbgun)

I have one on a 30/378 Wby that's 13 years old. It's bedded and has served me well on elk hunts every year. Recall a check of inletting revealed a slight need of the Dremel tool before bedding. Just refinished it last year due to wear from use and my friend tossing a steel ammo can on it. Good luck

Thanks for the replies guys! I happened to come across a rifle in the used section at the gun store the other day that was wearing one so I got an opportunity to see how the sporter felt and handled and I really liked it.

I have two. One on my Rem 7mag and one on my Rem 8 mag for over twenty years. Really like them, rifle accuracy improved, and in the case of the 8mag, made recoil more than tolerable compared to the factory stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.