Any H-S Precision Pro Series shooters out there?

mindcrime

Just curious, do any of you have a Pro Series 2000 rifle by H-S Precision? I'm interested in one and I was wondering what you thought about them and how well they shot. Thanks for any comments.
cool.gif

Never been able to understand anyone paying $2-3k for a 1/2 MOA gun. Hell, a $500 Savage tactical, Winchester coyote, Rem Sendaro will do that all day long with max $200 worth of work.

Just my 2 cents.

If you got the money, go for it.

BH

Bounty has a point, IF you are fortunate to get a factory production rifle that will do 1/2 minute, they do not all come close even with tweeking.

There is a previous thread on the Pro-2000 if you look way back. I have one and have exactly 5000 rounds through it. If the shooter is up to it, this rifle will still shoot five rounds into right at 1/2 minute.

I have had some problems which shouldn't have occured but understand that HS has remedied them in their production and expect that they are not an issue any more. The trigger and ejector plunger acted up, both were easily and permanently fixed by a gunsmith. HS told me that both have beed addressed and I have no reason to doubt that.

This rifle has never been touched, it is as they built it and it is a very nice shooter. I also saw a factory test rifle that has 10,000 rounds through its barrel and it still shoots 0.75" at 100 yards. They make very good barrels.

HS products are not cheap, their mounts, barrels, stocks and rifles are very well made and you must pay for that. Are they worth 2000 bucks? Only if you want a unique rifle that shoots as advertised, needs no tweeking or special attention, and offers some of the best design features of the Remington, Sako and Win. M-70 actions.

BH, I know exactly what you're saying BUT, the Savage tactical, Winchester coyote, Rem Sendaros are NOT offered in .338 Lapua!
wink.gif
http://www.hsprecision.com/htr_rifle.htm Right now, I'm just looking and asking questions.

Ian, sad thing is that any calibers above 30 are NOT guaranteed to shoot under 1/2 MOA. I guess the best their .338 Lapua will shoot is 1 MOA.
rolleyes.gif

If you want a .5 moa 338 lapua, then you are talking custom built tight neck gun and that is the only way to get it. Still going to cost you $2-3k but you have a gun that WILL do what you want it to do. You basically are talking one bullet (300 gr), now Dave Tooley sells a $40 device that cuts the nose on bullets to the same lenght and shape. Steve Shelp uses them and likes them. I bought a set for my 6.5 and 30 at the nationals and going to try them, Can't hurt. That along with sorting bullets based on bearing surface length has started making some 338s competitive at 1000 in BR.

At a military expo at Quantico, armalite was there and talking about making a single shot version of the AR30 action and selling it to BR shooters. Might want to try that. If you could buy the action right might be worth a shot, otherwise, CZ 550 ($550), BAT ($1250),

Good luck

HOwdy Mindcrime

I have built one pro2000 HS on 338 lapua and one on a 30 Wolf. The actions are better machined than a remington or win. but the 2000 has a unique extractor design that does not work well for the 338 size case and it was a pain in the A_ _ to get it to work properly. The Nesika MOd M is a much better choice and can be ordered with the same tang as the 2000 and used in many different stock styles.
smile.gif

[ 12-21-2002: Message edited by: S1 ]

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts