how many shots before cleaning for load workup

Shawn Carverelli

I have 50 or so cases loaded and ready to shoot in an AR10 6.5 creed with a newish proof carbon fiber barrel(100 rounds down the barrel)

would you shoot all 50 then clean the carbon fouling or break it up to maybe 25 at a time.
Was worried accuracy would drop off rendering the data useless.
My AR15 will go over 100 rounds easliy but I shoot 40 gr moly bullets mostly to thwart copper fouling

I have 50 or so cases loaded and ready to shoot in an AR10 6.5 creed with a newish proof carbon fiber barrel(100 rounds down the barrel)

would you shoot all 50 then clean the carbon fouling or break it up to maybe 25 at a time.
Was worried accuracy would drop off rendering the data useless.
My AR15 will go over 100 rounds easliy but I shoot 40 gr moly bullets mostly to thwart copper fouling
What did your patches look like after 100 rounds through your barrel?
If you're getting copper fouling or super dirty patches after 10-20 rounds then you may want to clean more often.
If your patches look good then 50-100 rounds between cleaning is normal

I'll go 25 rounds then clean and get back to you. Proof research makes decent barrels and I did a proper break in so we'll see about the copper. I'll use the 87 gr vmax's for p dogs so I'll moly the ones i use for that, so eventually when I get that load dialed on it'll just be carbon fouling whi h is less problematic