How many models of "Mini Actions" for 223 rifles

As I understand it, the "micro" models have a shorter LOP, and generally shorter barrels, but the action length is determined by the cartridge, so for example a Micro model is .308 will be on the same action as a Standard model in .308.
No, on action length I just learned

When you buy a magazine its specified SA or Micro, not interchangeable

I don't know how much or where the difference is but I know that much

Yes on shorter LOP, shorter forend, and 20" (shorter) barrel

Charles Daly used to make, or have made a mini mauser action for .223. A guy on GB had a box full of left handed ones 20-25 years ago for like $200 apiece. I only bought one, and had a 20 VarTarg made with it. I still can't believe I only bought one every time I think about it. The rifle turned out great, fantastic shooter, and the guy that built it did a great job on stock and finish.

the Charles Daly is the same action as the Interarms Mini MK, which I believe originated in Yugoslavia, and is a somewhat modified miniature version of the Interarms Whitworth MK 10, which is a commercial version of the 98 Mauser, after Yugoslavia was broken up, the actions and complete rifles were produced by Charles daly, then Remington purchased them sometime around the turn of the century, today both the Mini mauser and it's fullsized big brother can be found as the Zastava models M70 and M85, the little model 85 is now being offered in the22 Varminter or as it's more commonly known name the 22-250, however I have yet to run across either of these under the Zastava name, 15 or so years ago I decided to stop foolishly spending stupid amounts of money on every new lattest and greatest thing that came along and use those funds on more hunting trips, however I'd love to get my hands on one of the Minis and see if I couldn't turn into a 6MM BR or something similar, should make a great walkabout companion gun,

the Charles Daly is the same action as the Interarms Mini MK, which I believe originated in Yugoslavia, and is a somewhat modified miniature version of the Interarms Whitworth MK 10, which is a commercial version of the 98 Mauser, after Yugoslavia was broken up, the actions and complete rifles were produced by Charles daly, then Remington purchased them sometime around the turn of the century, today both the Mini mauser and it's fullsized big brother can be found as the Zastava models M70 and M85, the little model 85 is now being offered in the22 Varminter or as it's more commonly known name the 22-250, however I have yet to run across either of these under the Zastava name, 15 or so years ago I decided to stop foolishly spending stupid amounts of money on every new lattest and greatest thing that came along and use those funds on more hunting trips, however I'd love to get my hands on one of the Minis and see if I couldn't turn into a 6MM BR or something similar, should make a great walkabout companion gun,
I should have bought that entire box of actions. I really like the one rifle I had made with one. These were triggered and the GS that made the rifle tuned that trigger as well as any factory I've seen. Crisp clean break, I haven't measured it, but I'm sure it's around two pounds.

The Schultz and Larsen Legacy is a scaled down action produced in 222, 223, 6x45 and 300 Blackout. This is a switch barrel system. Here is mine in 223.
20240303_155929.jpg
20240303_155830.jpg
20240303_160644.jpg20240303_160600.jpg20240303_160321.jpg

Last edited:
The information I could find on the Schultz & Larsen makes me think that they are Danish made. The bolt looks a lot like a Ruger American. They are for sure a good looking piece of equipment.

That is a neat looking system. Where are they manufactured? What is the cost (if you don't mind)?
As @DSheetz as stated they are indeed made in Denmark.

They have the S&L cut rifled barrels which are lapped which tend to be very accurate, all eight of the S&L rifles that I hand-load for will shoot sub 0.5 in 5 shot groups at 100m. There is no plastic or alloy on the Legacy rifles, everything that should be steel is steel.
Here in New Zealand the price is around NZ$3500 which at the current exchange rate would put it at around US$2150.
If using the Schultz and Larsen website click on the Products listing at the top of the page and then select rifles.