How long to you reload (time) and how much you shoot?

I have never kept track of how much time I spend Reloading. However I do keeptrack of rounds fired. This year was light on shooting do to family issues, but I shot 310 308 win. 96 340 weatherbys, 200 22-250, aprx 350 45 acp, and aprox 200 38 specials. Maybe 300 223 and 200 22lr plus a handful of other pistol rounds.

I spend most of the winter prepping brass and loading known varmint loads for spring and when weather and work allow I work up loads so when it comes time to shoot I have brass ready just load and head to the range

I am just now tooling up to reload metalic cartridges; however I do reload approx. 15000 to 18000 shotgun shells a year as I compete in registered skeet. Mondays are typically my reloading days as no ranges in my area are open. I have loaded as many as 1000 in a day and that makes for a long day. I don't mind reloading, most times I find it rather theraputic, off in my own little world.

There are several advantages in reloading. Many reload simply for cost savings which is a definite advantage. Others load for accuracy. I have finally gotten to the point that if I have a rifle that won't shoot half minued accuracy, I don't want it. I currently have two builds in progress, one should be finished any time now and the other should be done sometime around June. (fingers crossed) I want to squeeze every ounce of accuracy out of these rifles that I'm capable of. I know that there will be a rather steep learning curve but I'm looking forward to process as well as the outcome. The simple fact is that, by reloading your own ammunition you can create premium ammunition at a fraction of the cost of factory ammunition.

Probably a bit more than you wanted but I do kind of enjoy it.

I can safely load between 180 and 200 handgun rounds an hour using a Lee Classic Turret press. I usually shoot only once a week recently but was shooting as much as 3X a week a few years back. I will normally shoot ~300 handgun rounds on a range trip.

Rifle ammo is a little different. I usually process all my rifle brass over the Winter months and during the shooting season I will load what I need which doesn't take very long when the brass is already processed.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.