How much did you spend on equipment (not supplies) to reload?

Over the years it's probably been the equivalent of selling a kidney because -admit it or not - we all go overboard eventually. I started with a LEE Precision Challenger kit over 10 years ago and surprisingly I still use the press today for my rifle loads (one at a time with lots o TLC). Most of the accumulated accessories are sitting on the shelf seldom used or not at all. I can throw a load manually with the LEE cups with +/- 0.1 grains precision after years of practice on a simple digit scale even though I have the automatic dispenser. Slow but effective. I'm in no hurry. Most of the time spent to my amazement is brass prepping and QC, particularly to make sure I don't double charge a round . It has happened, but never again. I carefully weigh all rounds to make sure nothing slips by. I use Lee precision dies for most of the calibers I reload, except for my 6.5CM competition loads for which I use Redding dies with the caliper knobs. The bottom line is that if I knew then what I know now I would have been able to buy a couple of the extra expensive firearms that have lived on my wishlist for the longest time. Closing and to the point... $1000 is a good figure to use, including a set of dies for one, maybe 2 handgun calibers. From there on... it's a wild ride to neverland.
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

10-15k easy in just equipment.

Area 419 zero w/ accessories - $2,000
Henderson w/ accessories - $1,250
Amp annealer w/ accessories - $1,700
Amp press - $1,300
Amp mate - $1,000
Primal rights CPS w/ accessories - $1,000
A&D fx120i/hr100 w/ autotrickler v3/v4 - $2,500

That's $10k there in just main equipment pieces.

Add another $5k EASY for small things (accuracy one concentricity gauge, short action customs comparators, orange vise, barrel blocks, mitutoyo calipers/mics, granite surface plate, power conditioners, 21st century neck turner, wilson dies, mandrels, bushings, vibratory tumbler, ultrasonic cleaner, etc)

Then if I start adding in the multiple 8 foot gladiator benches, 6 foot heavy duty husky toolbox, macbook pro, microscopes, safe door, contractor/electrical work we can add another $10k.

So about $25k is where i'll be at all said and done.

Amp press - $1,300
Amp mate - $1,000

Add another $5k EASY for small things (accuracy one concentricity gauge, short action customs comparators, orange vise, barrel blocks, mitutoyo calipers/mics, granite surface plate, power conditioners, 21st century neck turner, wilson dies, mandrels, bushings, vibratory tumbler, ultrasonic cleaner, etc)

Then if I start adding in the multiple 8 foot gladiator benches, 6 foot heavy duty husky toolbox, macbook pro, microscopes, safe door, contractor/electrical work we can add another $10k.

Is this just personal use or is this part of a commercial enterprise? Are you a pro shooter?

I will add to my previous comment on an approximate amount, that I did not get into reloading to save money. I generally only use new brass when possible to avoid having to tweak good loads due to variations in pressure caused by the increased case capacity resulting from firing. My main issues are time, availability, and mostly to invent cartridges to suit a specific purpose or shoot very old cartridge designs where ammo is not available but brass is. Also (and perhaps mainly) for a level of performance AND terminal ballistics that more closely matches the ideal scenario of a given hunting situation.

I may only have 2 or 3 days a year to go test loads. I can't wait on ammo to become available off backorder. If I'm testing a new cartridge/load in the field, my load had to be pin point and I have to have practiced at incremental ranges out to the max possible on the hunt or at the range the gun/ammo is designed to perform. Since many good cartridges went/go missing regularly, I've had to design new cartridges based on ones that mostly hang around (i.e. Creedmoor, etc.). So I can run the parent case or the wildcat if good bullets are available in that diameter and not in the bore size of the parent case. Also, reloading allows me to throat and seat chambers and bullets to longer lengths for better performance and accuracy.

Reloading allows the handloader to carefully and consistently craft ammo with far less variation than even the best production line ammo. I sold many rifles in my early years because they wouldn't group using my selected bullet seated in whatever factory ammo that offered it (which could be sparse). Now I can generally (though not always) find a load that most any rifle will shoot well and the choice of bullets is wide open with the combination of possibilities being almost endless when components are in good supply.

Great handcrafted ammo can bring new life to old guns and cartridges, such as the .250 Savage and .300 H&H, but it can also add new wrinkles and extend the capability of any cartridge/rifle.

Maybe not for me because with each new cartridge design must come a rifle in which to shoot it, but for most everyone else, reloading actually does save money. Without the ability to handload for custom needs, it would be necessary to buy a new rifle for each scenario. A box of new bullets and a new powder is certainly cheaper than a new rifle.

Amp press - $1,300
Amp mate - $1,000

You win!!

I worked at sportsmans warehouse up till recently, you could still get a rock chucker Supreme reloading kit for 369. Throw your dies, powder, primers ,bullets and hopefully you saved your brass from range days. Then your time. I find it enjoyable and relaxing. Bonus is wife leaves me alone cause I build her ammo first.

Mr @C-130 Dude , what do you plan to do with this treasure of information you've gained for free?
I have gained for free? You miss the point. Look at the question I presented and why. My statement was to help people that wanted to know what people are into for reloading. I know what I have spent. More people than I can count keep asking the question, "how much". Yeah, this question has been asked before. But we keep hearing the question. What I take from my question in this forum now is that the costs vary greatly. I hear people stating that they can do just fine with around 1k. Others have said 25k. That's one heck of a spread for a hobby. This is a hobby that people that do it are very passionate about trying to refine to the "N"th degree. And the high end spenders state that their hobby has no commercial application, ie sales. I could only hope that some of the people that are wondering if they should get into reloading take a good look at what people that are actively involved are doing AND why they do it. No one I have read here so far has stated that they got into this hobby to save money. Far from it. Any more questions?