How do I calibrate my load to my calculator

hmbleservant

Do I need a Chrono or is there another way to compute velocity once i sight it in (maybe shoot two different ranges or something)? Can I trust the advertised Ballistic Coeffiecient?

The ballistic coefficient is probably pretty close. I don't think it does much good to fool with the BC until the distance gets pretty far.

I trust BCs more than most chronographs personally. I think actual shooting and measuring real drops is the best we can do.

I trust BCs more than most chronographs personally. I think actual shooting and measuring real drops is the best we can do.

I agree 100% with SBruce.

I do not have a fancy safisticated chronograph so I use it to get "ball park" figures and then varify by actual down range target shooting. The chronograph in my opinion is very valuable to try and get good ES and SD data but then again I use shooting as my final determining factor.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.