How Baby Elk Are Made - Photo

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I photographed elk for 3 days in Rocky Mountain National Park earlier this week.

baby-elk.jpg

Now I think I understand what my Dad was trying to tell me when I turned 13 years old. :rolleyes:

More photos (cleaner :D ) are now up on my website.

Isn't there usually a statement somewhere about the participants info being on file somewhere and that they were all at least 18 years old. ha ha! It just nature doing what is natural.

Hello. First post on this excellent website, but I've been a lurking and enjoying for awhile now. Always nice to view your photography Len. I'll have to admit that this particular picture was a bit unusual, but very nice none the less. Thanks for sharing.

I was just trying to figure out what those two cows on the bottom left of the picture are talking about? :)

baby-elk1.jpg

What the two cows are talking about is how the bull is wasting his SHOT.
Thats because the FEDS have probably tied the tubes on the COWS in the National Park.

One of the most poorly managed National Parks for animals in the the National park system.
This is one of the FEDS attempts to reduce the Elk population in RMNP.(Birth control)

As you can see by the picture its working - KNOT - LOL

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts