How accurate is RCBS Chargemaster 1500?

Consistency with my Chargemaster improved greatly when plugged into a cheap battery backup from bestbuy
Consistency how—from hitting targeted charge weights more often (auto setting), or closer correlation vs. comparing weight readings against a known higher-resolution scale?

One problem with battery backups is what type of waveform they generate. Sensitive electronics require sine wave output, and can act funny running off of battery backups if they don't put out clean power.

Many battery backups have some kind of AVR in them which is the primary thing to worry about with a scale, but don't plan on actually running the scale off a 120V-output battery backup system unless you get a good one.

Same concept as hybrid-inverter versus conventional generators, the inverters typically produce cleaner power and can run electronics safer.

I will QC mine on a frequent basis with a beam scale. Weights with my +12 year old Chargemaster are consistently +/- .05gr. Once I stuck a plastic straw in the feed tube, it delivers on weight at 99%. I will check my scale output before every use with a 69gr SMK that is confirmed. I have been very pleased with the performance and reliability this product!. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

I'm a happy CM customer myself.
Happy enough that I'm not compelled to get an AutoTrickler V4 (or whatever).

I modified mine a bit differently than most so that I can adjust to calibrate the trickle speed for a given powder.
With this, I can nail it to the kernel, and I always watch to see that. I've learned the scale response.

I've had no problems getting 1/2 moa accuracy in a number of rifles with the 1500. I run it through a TrippLite conditioner and warm it up. I just set it a run right to the charge weight. I do I check the first couple drops and every 10th charge on a beam scale. Frankly, I'm not a good enough shot that 0.1 grain makes a difference.

Back to warm up, how many of you leave your scale on all the time? Curious because 2020 was a bad year for scales as I had a Lite and Intellidropper go bad after less than a year of moderate use. One would not power up and the other was dropping charges 2-3 grains short. I do not leave my 1500 on out of concern that it may have caused the issues.

Specifically asking about the 1500 (not Lite or other newer morels).

For those that also have ultra accurate (0.05 grain or even finer) scales, how accurate do you find the Chargemaster readings? Within 0.1 grains? +/- 0.1 grains? Other?

I believe the claim is +/- 0.1 grains, but curious what actual variances folks are actually seeing based on comparing directly to higher resolution scales.

*edited to correct decimal point
I've had good luck with mine.

In a previous life my mate and I went to the range with a heavy gun benchrest rifle to check what variation in charge weight effected group size. The results are long gone but we were amazed to find average off the shelf powder throwers were sufficient for competition loading. The cartridge was a 222Rem with charge weights around 21 to 23 grains of powder so imagine the insignificant variation in a 60 grain load.
I haven't used a trickler or check each load on a balance scale since and did manage to win a few comps. The trick is to use the thrower the same every time and get a definate click both end of the operation. Do check the height of the powder in the cases for uniformity just in case you have gone to sleep during the loading.

Consistency how—from hitting targeted charge weights more often (auto setting), or closer correlation vs. comparing weight readings against a known higher-resolution scale?
I don't reweigh my charges on a second scale but I have noticed an improvement in accurate thows versus over/under throws. And a more significant improvement when the battery backup is unplugged from the wall during use.

In a previous life my mate and I went to the range with a heavy gun benchrest rifle to check what variation in charge weight effected group size. The results are long gone but we were amazed to find average off the shelf powder throwers were sufficient for competition loading. The cartridge was a 222Rem with charge weights around 21 to 23 grains of powder so imagine the insignificant variation in a 60 grain load.
I haven't used a trickler or check each load on a balance scale since and did manage to win a few comps. The trick is to use the thrower the same every time and get a definate click both end of the operation. Do check the height of the powder in the cases for uniformity just in case you have gone to sleep during the loading.
Back when I shot short range benchrest in the 80s, customary was to send Lyman 55 to Homer Culver for him to fit his insert in the powder thrower.

Almost all I knew back then loaded ammo in between relays, all charges thrown through the Culver. Screamers were shot even back then.

When we talked about loads the unit of measure was the Culver click.

I still have my Culver/Lyman.

Never used any electronic powder dispenser/scale other than PACT. What I have found is that regardless of the accuracy claimed by the manufacture, if your supplied electric power fluctuates, so does the powder thrown from that dispenser/scale. I always used a battery backup/surge protector with my PACT, but I have now found Automatic Voltage Regulators will stabilize the electric power to the dispenser/scale. They don't cost that much either.
Got a link to said voltage regulator? Will that overcome issues presented by Flourescent lights?

John