Hotrod-ed 6.5 Creed Vs Slow 270 win

With hornday ammo and using their ballistics, a 243 would hit the minimum 1250 ft lbs at 300 while a 6.5 is around 450-550 depending on the bullet and 270 is out to closer 7
600-700 yards for 1250 energy

If you're going to take a 270 and go for minimum loads, buy a smaller cartridge.
Yes, the 6.5 Creedmoor is slightly smaller, or as I previously noted there's the 243.

I have not found that finding an accurate load at one end or the other takes more or less time, but I generally do not spend time looking for minimum loads. I grab a smaller rifle from the safe.

I don't believe my buddy wants to shoot the absolute minimum for a 270. Just start at the recommend start and try to stay within .5-1 grain of the start load as long at it is roughly 83% or above Case capacity for reliable burn and ignition

Yes the .243 will have less energy out farther. I would say go 6.5 and don't look back. I've been very happy with mine. I even got one for my dad and he has quite the list of animals take just in this first year.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts