Hornady ELD-X Official Thread

I ordered the 175s from Midsouthshooterssupply on 12/23/2015 and they are still on backorder too.

If you guys in ND are near a Scheels try them, the Scheels in Billings had 10 boxes on the shelf today!

I shot this group today with my 6.5 SS while lying on the ground with the magspeed attached. I forgot my bipod so it was difficult to stay steady. I think with a good rest, it would have been an impressive group. I am really liking what I see in these bullets so far.
chrono 143eldx 60.5 rl26 6.5 SS.jpg

6.5ss 143eldx 60.5 rl26.jpg

If you guys in ND are near a Scheels try them, the Scheels in Billings had 10 boxes on the shelf today!

Thanks! I ordered a box of 162's and 175's from the Billings store. They are going to ship them to my door. They have 4 boxes of 162's and 17 boxes of 175's if anyone needs some.

Right?! I had always hoped Hornady would bring out an A-MAX in .277 but when they announced the ELD-X I was surprised they didn't introduce like a 150gr .270 bullet and a 105gr for the .24cal rifles. Both of these calibers are great for deer and other medium game and the ELD-X would really add to their effective range and increase their performance.

EXACTLY!! Bring on the ELD-X in .277 for SURE. Personally, I'd buy the crap out of them at .257 also, but I understand it isn't as popular as the others. I have no doubt Hornady will want to spread the ELD-X as widely as Nosler has spread their AB and ABLR offerings. SOON, PLEASE!!!

Hornhunter, I'm glad I checked again with you, went over to Scheels today in Billings and picked up three boxes of the 162 ELD-X's that were hidden behind the counter and not out-front! Looking forward to shooting the bad boys!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.