Hornady A Tip

Shot the 110 gr 6mm today thru a 6mm creed and they grouped OK at spec COAL- .9" at 200 yds- 5 shot group- pretty sure i pulled one to the right might have had a .3" without that dang coffee, lol. The 108 ELD match grouped .6" going to test the Atips again, i know i can shoot better! I haven't load tested nor did bullet seating depth just went off of hornadys load data and having some fun. Hopefully take them long range soon!

What was your 6 Creed load?

What about the eld didn't work for you?

The 175 ELD-X (7mm) was absolutely awful (2-3 moa @ 100yds) in my rifle as well as another with every load we tried, and the 162 would barely hold 1moa. I've was always a fan of the Amax because of tried and true great results but something changed when they switched to the ELD line. Biggest difference I can find is consistency, the ELD's seem to be fairly inconsistent in weight as well as base to ogive measurements.
Both of the rifles I tried them in are proven shooters, giving around 1/2 moa consistently with Amax and Accubonds.

Shot the 110 gr 6mm today thru a 6mm creed and they grouped OK at spec COAL- .9" at 200 yds- 5 shot group- pretty sure i pulled one to the right might have had a .3" without that dang coffee, lol!

No, that was climate change.

The 175 ELD-X (7mm) was absolutely awful (2-3 moa @ 100yds) in my rifle as well as another with every load we tried, and the 162 would barely hold 1moa. I've was always a fan of the Amax because of tried and true great results but something changed when they switched to the ELD line. Biggest difference I can find is consistency, the ELD's seem to be fairly inconsistent in weight as well as base to ogive measurements.
Both of the rifles I tried them in are proven shooters, giving around 1/2 moa consistently with Amax and Accubonds.
I know I have struggled to find consistency in my loads with the eld-x line. I've had no issues with the eld-m. Good to know thanks.

I'm an "all day sucker" I bought some 135's to try in my 6.5 Creed 20". I loaded Hornady's recommended loads to start 42.5 and 42.9 H-4350. I'll test when it cools off here in North Texas

IMO, if they shoot great, Hornady need to scrap the fancy packaging and marketing and lower the price half. How many little red "Crown Royal" bags you need...jeeeez

Shot the 230 ATIP's in the 300 RUM yesterday with RL33. Just a hair 1MOA at 300Y. 3100 fps. Took it out to 1310, and was 1.5 mils high.

41.2 H4350 going to try 41.5 and 41.8 today .100 off the lands
Rifle 25.7", 1X7 Twist, Omega Suppressor, A-tip, H4350 at 100yds: 40.2 gr, vel3080, moa 0.348; 40.5, vel 3110, moa 0.359; 40.8 gr, vel ?, moa 0.549. Used Horn brass, large primer, 5 shot groups. Interesting difference in amt. of powder; don't have answer?? Barrel tuning, suppressor? Just sharing info! Comment??

Rifle 25.7", 1X7 Twist, Omega Suppressor, A-tip, H4350 at 100yds: 40.2 gr, vel3080, moa 0.348; 40.5, vel 3110, moa 0.359; 40.8 gr, vel ?, moa 0.549. Used Horn brass, large primer, 5 shot groups. Interesting difference in amt. of powder; don't have answer?? Barrel tuning, suppressor? Just sharing info! Comment??
caliber?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts