Honey comb beef tripes

How many have you cleaned? Try doing 50 to 100 and see how you feel. By the way, I never said it was hard, but my least favorite.
It's kinda like cleaning crappies or perch. I love them but after ten, twenty, fifty fish it becomes a chore. Where I could clean one or two good size catfish, strippers, or bigger and be happy lol.

Where I come from originally offal is a big thing and tripe soup is the favorite among everyone almost. We use it as a cure of hungover. :) Lots of chilly flakes and garlic vinegar. We cook tripe 100 ways but soup is my favorite. All the nations in the history used to it offal but industrialization of the agriculture made possible meat prices to be more affordable for the masses so offal went to the dog and cat food preparation and ppl as a whole lost taste for it and even developed a gag effect just by hearing the names of the cuts. Maybe 2-3 generations ago offal cuts been pretty common. Let's just say prior WWII. Now I am angry when I see the price of honeycomb higher than pork tenderloin! Wish it was cheaper and more affordable. Excellent meat and very versatile. Not a good for ppl with gout though.

How many have you cleaned? Try doing 50 to 100 and see how you feel. By the way, I never said it was hard, but my least favorite.
I was just messing with you. No need to get uptight about it. Lighten up. I have cleaned 30 to 40 in one night. The only thing that sucks about it is that you have been up all night and dieing to go to sleep and you still have to get them cleaned. From that standpoint, I hate cleaning them. I hate cleaning catfish after limb lining all night. The act of cleaning them does not bother me at all. Doesn't suck nearly as bad as trying to filet bluegill any time of the day.

easy GIF

I did not grow up on a farm or in a farm community and my mother didn't cook guts so I never got a taste for it. The closet she came was one time she cooked liver and onions and out of 5 kids, only one would eat it. She never made it again. I am more than willing to try most things and if you can cook that offal taste out of it or cover it up, I would probably love it. I love tripa tacos. Something about the onions, cilantro, tomatillo salsa on a corn tortilla that makes the offal flavor go away. I want to try menudo but I would hate to waste $5 if it sucks. It looks and smells really good.

That's exactly how Menudo is used, to cure he hangover. And it's best when it includes the cow's feet. And instead of chili flakes we use crushed chiltepin.
I still love menudo!!! I just take it easy on eating it and bump up the fluid (water) intake lol. Some chopped onions, oregono, and tapatio and all is well in the world lol.

That's exactly how Menudo is used, to cure he hangover. And it's best when it includes the cow's feet. And instead of chili flakes we use crushed chiltepin.
we also use cow feet but they boil them separate then mix both meats and stocks. Excellent dish/soup! Very hearty and is better in winter.

we also use cow feet but they boil them separate then mix both meats and stocks. Excellent dish/soup! Very hearty and is better in winter.

Yes, it takes longer to loosen the meat and tendon in the feet, otherwise the hominy will turn to smoosh after so much boiling.

What color is the stock in the tripe soup you eat? We call ours white Menudo, but there is also a recipe for red Menudo, that looks more like posole. Although there are 3 different posoles that I know of, two of them being white. Enough rambling Lol