Honey comb beef tripes

FEENIX

1654739041444.png

1654739186455.png

A la dim sum style.

Yep! I love them in Menudo and Pho too!

Brother that looks really good.

How common is Menudo up there? Down here it is obviously, but only a couple places make it really good. And Pho is available in several places, Ms. Saigon in downtown is still the best though. Don't know if they were around when you were here though.

Brother that looks really good.

How common is Menudo up there? Down here it is obviously, but only a couple places make it really good. And Pho is available in several places, Ms. Saigon in downtown is still the best though. Don't know if they were around when you were here though.
Not common at all. One Mexican (Guatemalan owner, IIRC) restaurant took the beef tripe out because of source issues. A couple of places have Pho on their menu but do not use tripes. I guess it is also a sourcing issue and lesser demand from those with discriminating pallets, which is too bad because it has a lot of nutritional benefits (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tripe#nutrition).

I have a friend whose doctor told her to eat organ meats for her health condition (I cannot remember the health issue).

I eat them too, but it has been a while, and they are not my favorite. Have you tried it in adobo style?
I haven't tried any sesos. I'll admit though recently I tried carp. And it was very good. The trick is to immediately kill it, bleed it, and get it on ice.

I haven't tried any sesos. I'll admit though recently I tried carp. And it was very good. The trick is to immediately kill it, bleed it, and get it on ice.
Yep, it is all about the preparation. A few years ago, a friend's wife hated antelope meat. We had a potluck, and I prepared a couple of antelope dishes, but I did not tell her what kind of meat until after the gathering. She enjoyed it so much that she for the recipe. LOL!