Honey comb beef tripes

Not common at all. One Mexican (Guatemalan owner, IIRC) restaurant took the beef tripe out because of source issues. A couple of places have Pho on their menu but do not use tripes. I guess it is also a sourcing issue and lesser demand from those with discriminating pallets, which is too bad because it has a lot of nutritional benefits (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tripe#nutrition).

I have a friend whose doctor told her to eat organ meats for her health condition (I cannot remember the health issue).
I really like tripe, fatty tendon, deer heart. But the only thing I have to be careful of is a gout flare up. Organs can cause it for some reason. I just bump up the fluid intake and keep an eye on it.

Not common at all. One Mexican (Guatemalan owner, IIRC) restaurant took the beef tripe out because of source issues. A couple of places have Pho on their menu but do not use tripes. I guess it is also a sourcing issue and lesser demand from those with discriminating pallets, which is too bad because it has a lot of nutritional benefits (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tripe#nutrition).

I have a friend whose doctor told her to eat organ meats for her health condition (I cannot remember the health issue).

The Pho with tripe, beef tendon and beef slices, can't beat it.

I'll tell you FEENIX that does look good! I am somewhat adventurous with what I eat and tried to eat but have never tried tripe yet. I need to find someone that knows how to cook it first and those people are scarce.

I haven't tried any sesos. I'll admit though recently I tried carp. And it was very good. The trick is to immediately kill it, bleed it, and get it on ice.

I eat everything, but sesos and liver, just can't.

FEENIX, did your parents ever sell the cow's inside udders. In Mexico they call them "Ubre", we grilled them and they are what my dad use to call a delicacy, meaty and fatty. They are a whitish and yellowish collor meat.

I'm sure Feenix won't mind sharing his recipe.
hamster wtf GIF

I really like tripe, fatty tendon, deer heart. But the only thing I have to be careful of is a gout flare up. Organs can cause it for some reason. I just bump up the fluid intake and keep an eye on it.
I have gout as well and have seen those flair ups. I have to be careful of how much and how often I eat those. But I love this stuff. Moose tongue is great as well. Beer and asparagras are like an evil mistress with my gout, but I still get to the dance occasionally...

I have gout as well and have seen those flair ups. I have to be careful of how much and how often I eat those. But I love this stuff. Moose tongue is great as well. Beer and asparagras are like an evil mistress with my gout, but I still get to the dance occasionally...
I haven't had moose tongue but I love beef tongue. Lengua to be exact. Gout is no fun, but how can I do without beer in the summer!!!!

Recent Posts