Homogenous copper bullets can be inhumane

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to remember to choose our words wisely. Choose wisely when starting a thread topic, posting in a thread,
We are all here to "Promote"
Not be a "Detriment"
I'm here to share my thoughts and experiences. To seek knowledge while using my brain to interpret this information. Doesn't matter if anyone agrees. If I'm not spreading hate or racist rhetoric then free speech is intact.
Just my 2c.
For the record I'm a huge lover of monolithic pills. One day I'll get my hands on some hammers.

I am glad they are happy and I am happy for you too. I too am very happy with my choices of bullets but you will never see me inject my bullet preferences on any Hammer bullet thread.

I have Hammer bullets and various mono bullets as well. No where did I say anything bad about Hammer bullets other than I wish the BCs are better, and you are already aware of it from another thread. No one is discounting all of you and Brian's hard work, as noted in #64.
Well I guess the Hammer supporter's "synthesize" the provided content in a different manner than you do,

Wow 17 pages. That's a lot of opinions. I did not read every post but what I did read was very entertaining. Thanks guys! My take on this is everyone has to form their own opinion by using the products they choose and basing their opinion on the facts that are present at your eventual kill site. I have used Barnes for years. My first attempt was in 1989 with a Barnes bullet that was moly coated from the factory. Shot a great Caribou in Alaska three times through the boiler room and he never even flinched. I finally had to give him a Texas heart shot, was all I had and he went down. I called Barnes when I got back to Montana and they said that they were experiencing some technical difficulties with their new bullets and the holes in the end were plugging up before expansion started. They sent me some new bullets and I continued using them with respectable results. Maybe I have been extremely lucky but I can honestly say I have not lost a single animal and never had one get out of site from where I shot it while using Barnes bullets. I recently, the last two years switched some of my rifles over to Hammers and again have had zero issues, just bang flop out to 569 yards. I also use Berger bullets in quite a few of my rifles and have had great success out to 851 yards, my farthest actual kill to date. Before that I hunted for 20 plus years with Remington core lokt bullets and had no real issues with them either other than sometimes the jacket separated. I follow the guidelines that are published for the bullets as far a velocity and foot lbs needed for expansion and try to never exceed those ranges. The results speak for themselves. I appreciate the passion and effort the man has put into his article as I appreciate all the help Steve has given me in working up the loads for my Hammer bullets. I also understand Steves issue with the article as i beliee he and his partner have done their due diligence to make a great bullets that IMO perfoms as stated. I believe you have to take in all of the information you can and form your own opinion based on your own real world data. Just because your opinion isn't the next guys opinion as well doesn't make him wrong, just different, that's what makes the world go around and why we have great companies like Hammer, Berger, Hornady, Leupold, Nightforce, etc. they had a different opinion on what was needed and they felt that they could do it better. Have a great day guys and keep up the good work! Of course this is just my opinion and I am definitely not an expert at anything, just a guy who loves to hunt and shoot!
That's my take as well ,well said good post

Am I about to become a Hammer supporter ?

Who knows man, got like 12 different bullets they just shipped out to me

I ordered eight 15 pc packs and three 50 pc boxes & one 100 pc box

guess I'll find out soon enough, luckily I'd hoarded over a dozen bricks of primers and a bunch of powder
hey, things work out for a reason

Well I guess the Hammer supporter's "synthesize" the provided content in a different manner than you do,

Not the "supporters"...it's mainly YOU all on your own.

All the threads being turned into Hammer threads has severely turned me off to Hammers, and I LIKE THEM AND SHOOT THEM in a few rifles.

But, you have pretty much singlehandedly made my mind up to start purchasing Badlands and Peregrine exclusively.

Yes Sir, I don't like to beat around the bush or stand in the shadows of an "informational" thread for all of us to synthesize when in post #232 you made your intent perfectly clear
How exactly did I misconstrue my message? It seems that you are still not OK to move forward. If you cannot get past your blinders you will never overcome that barrier. Good luck,!

Am I about to become a Hammer supporter ?

Who knows man, got like 12 different bullets they just shipped out to me

I ordered eight 15 pc packs and three 50 pc boxes & one 100 pc box

guess I'll find out soon enough, luckily I'd hoarded over a dozen bricks of primers and a bunch of powder
hey, things work out for a reason
I do not care about what bullet you use just send me some moose steaks. 😅

I should add to that. Anyone that makes blanket statements based on opinion without actually using the product that they are disparaging, is a self proclaimed expert. For that matter in my opinion anyone that proclaims them selves to be an expert in terminal performance and ballistic performance is not.
Foster definitely has his opinions, but they have always been backed by extensive testing from what I've read. I'm sure he would put in a good word on Hammer Bullets if he had them in New Zealand, and he'd also discuss limitations. I expect we will see a Foster discussion someday on Hammer Bullets, but sometimes this forum seems to be a Hammer Bullets self licking ice cream cone. That said, I like the innovation going on with Hammer Bullets. That's what capitalism is all about. Send Foster some Hammer Bullets in 7mm for his Practical. I'd love to see his input to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.