Holy crap im glad I hoarded

Looks like you're still working in California! Saw $4.59 a gallon diesel a couple times lately here in AZ. And to the OP, I've hoarded enough that I have everything I need for a while also as long as work doesn't tank for a couple years after this madness we're living through.
Yep, that was San Ysidro on Friday.

Too bad none of us hoarded any gasoline. Just saw premium today for $3.99.9!

658448813.jpg

It's funny you mention the losing interest part because there was a couple buckets of brass that I have that I don't even remember why I bought them. As for the other stuff it's mainly the popular stuff: 223, .308, 338LM, .45 ACP, 6.5 CM

It would be awesome if we could go back. What amazes me is that it doesn't seem that long ago that I could hit the reloading classifieds and find 300gr Berger OTMs for almost 60% of retail and other crazy deals.
I'm close friends with a guy who says he has over 4000 rounds of LOADED 44 mag that he packed himself, and way more components aside. I think he said he's got over a thousand 7 rem mag cases, but has no idea how many are loaded or how many bullets or jugs of 4831 he has. He used to compete, lost interest, now has a rail car's worth of stuff taking up his garage. Most of it he doesn't even remember the reason for getting it at the time, he just couldn't stop.

Best part? Doesn't even own a .44 anymore!

Call me hoarder, dont care, I sleep good at night though knowing I'm stocked and

Hoarding is when you wait till the crisis and hog it all so the next guy can't stand a chance.

Preparing ahead of time is just common sense that even the ants have...

I saw the election coming and grabbed extra....I wish I'd realized I needed more extra. I was remembering the Obama election. It was mostly the AR-15 crap sold out. With the covid causing new gun buyers right before the election we got double screwed.

Gas retailed for automotive use has a shelf life of 6mon-1 year when you add the stabilizer. I stabilize a few 5 gal cans for emergency generator use and rotate them with fresh gas.

How do you keep your avgas from going sour?
Avgas contains Tetra Ethyl Lead (TEL) and other additives to keep it "longer from breaking down and causing "Gum". Costs more than vehicle gas, but much better. I have a private airport about 10 miles away and I have the combination to the gate and pumps. I also put in Sta BiI in.
I have my Avgas 2+ years with no problem. I usually start rotating barrels out between 2-3 years (change out one every year -ongoing) with mixing 5 gal in a every tank of gas in my truck and then buying a new amount.. Use it in all my chainsaws, mowers. Works great and there is no Ethanol to degrade fuel lines and gaskets. I don't have to worry about leaving gas in my saws, generator, motors for extended times.

Avgas contains Tetra Ethyl Lead (TEL) and other additives to keep it "longer from breaking down and causing "Gum". Costs more than vehicle gas, but much better. I have a private airport about 10 miles away and I have the combination to the gate and pumps. I also put in Sta BiI in.
I have my Avgas 2+ years with no problem. I usually start rotating barrels out between 2-3 years (change out one every year -ongoing) with mixing 5 gal in a every tank of gas in my truck and then buying a new amount.. Use it in all my chainsaws, mowers. Works great and there is no Ethanol to degrade fuel lines and gaskets. I don't have to worry about leaving gas in my saws, generator, motors for extended times.

I figured that something must be different with the avgas. Like you. I dump 5gal of older gas in my SUV and then fill the tank. I've got my stabilized gas labeled with dates because its easy to forget how long its been sitting in storage. I only store gas for 1 yr before rotating.

How much is "hoarding" ?? or is it sensible preparation ??. I believe in sensible preparation but like 1,200 pounds of powder & 200,000 primers seems like preparation for making $$ on GB.