Hit indicators for LR steel

OK, the plastic mirror strips work perfectly BUT the glue on the back is weak. I will try to hotglue them. I am also printing a version with a lip for the edge of the target.

Screenshot at Feb 16 19-33-17.png
Screenshot at Feb 16 19-34-55.png

OK, the plastic mirror strips work perfectly BUT the glue on the back is weak. I will try to hotglue them. I am also printing a version with a lip for the edge of the target.

View attachment 544407View attachment 544408

I've been reading trying to figure it out but what is the purpose of these mirrors?

Can you demonstrate with one attached to a target?

Anyone here have them. I see Caldwell's are only $24.00....don't know the quality. Kestral (MagnetoSpeed) makes one for $200.00. My range has steel to 1500, but I struggle to see impacts with the 6mm's. If the Caldwell was worth it I would buy 6.

Thanks,
Tod
I bought two of them for the same purpose. They work very well. I recommend buying extra pieces of velcro to be able to stick a couple of the indicators to the back of numerous different targets.

I've been reading trying to figure it out but what is the purpose of these mirrors?

Can you demonstrate with one attached to a target?
The mirrors allow you to place 100% of the hit indicator behind the face.of the steel. That way if a shot actually hits the area where the indicator lights would have been, it wrecks the (consumable) mirror instead.of the actual hit indicator

View attachment 544407View attachment 544408

What about in your printing leaving a grove to slide the mirrors into, then a drop of hot glue on the end to keep them in. The grove would only need to be open on one end. Either that or put a thread screw on the end open to keep it from moving out.

What about in your printing leaving a grove to slide the mirrors into, then a drop of hot glue on the end to keep them in. The grove would only need to be open on one end. Either that or put a thread screw on the end open to keep it from moving out.
The mirror is super flexible and I have to cut w scissors. I lay a line of hot glue on then put into place w tweezers. If I had a laser here I think your approach would actually be better (precision groove)

Last edited: