cosine indicators

JPRITT

Has anyone used either the Horus vision cosine indicators or sniper tools indicator? i like the little level on the Horus but its $150 vs. $100 for the sniper tools design. Is there any other models out there? Are they worth it?

thanks!

I have the Sniper Tools version and it works as advertised.......No problems........

I have been doing some research on this topic over the last few months and decided to go with the sniper tools version. Although I personally have never used either one, the sniper one to me looked real rugged and has the runs on the board. It seems to be more widely used by users on this site.

I looked at getting the new HV version with the scope level built in, but they look to big in my mind , where the st version looks real neat and robust. I will fit both level and cos indicator to the scope tube.

Just my 2 cents worth ?

I use "W's" Sniper Tools ACI along with a ScopeLevel and it works for me.
DSC01878Medium.jpg

Has anyone used either the Horus vision cosine indicators or sniper tools indicator? i like the little level on the Horus but its $150 vs. $100 for the sniper tools design. Is there any other models out there? Are they worth it?

thanks!

Hi,
I use Sniper Tools ACI, and a ScopeLevel and I'm happy with them.
I mounted Sniper Tool ACI on the scope tube with a Weaver base, and is strong enough for rugged condition where I hunt.

Chris

I have a Horus version on order and for the money it is two units in one. The cheaper levels are $30 and the cosine's are about $80??? So for a little bit more you can have both in one unit and still have room on the scope for a Leuopld drop chart in the front.

As far as the unit itself.....I don't know yet, still waiting on it but as soon as I get it I will do a good review.

Joe Oakes

I have both of these units, the horus is a better unit in every way . it does have a few drawbacks. it is bigger and more bulky and the level bubble is a bit small. if size is not an issue then the Horus is the way to go , if size is an issue then the sniper tools with seperate bubble level works.
UB

Sniper tools and US optics folding level

Hi i have the Newer Badger Ordnance low mount made for the US Marines as the others placed the ACI up where it could get damaged and i run the latest folding level from US optics i have seen the last 3 reincarnations of this level and the latest one is the best they are always looking how they can upgrade their designs to make them better. They both mount to the Weaver Rail so they are nice and low out of the way and dont get hit as they are shielded buy the scope and stock. I am interested in the Horris Vision because it has degrees as well as cosign angles and the built in level soulds like it is well thought out. Do they fir onto a Weaver ring like the ACI does and if so would it fit onto the Badger Ordnance ACI mount on the Weaver type rail. If it did it would in my mind make the unit better as i dont like adding extra parts to my scope tubes when i have full length weaver rails with spare space to keep them out of the way.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Last edited:
from what i have seen from their website and when i talked to horus they only offered a scope mounted CSI. and it was extra from the mounting ring. I also wanted to mount it to the rail but she was telling me it wouldnt work with the horus model. I'm geussing because of the size. ???

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.