Here We Go Again! I need to build a Mule Deer Rifle

A very good Deer Rifle is naturally an accurate Target Rifle. What you can have among the absolute best in the bang for the buck aka budget group of bolt guns for deer rifle in the Ruger American Standard.
hnts4fun account has been hacked. The last time I legitimately logged on to this account was February 27, 2023 when I bought a set of used rings. To the buyer, I recommend you call local law enforcement to make a report, then use that report to file another one with the postal inspector. I have been a member of this site since 2009 in good standing and have bought and sold numerous items without a hitch. I received a notice from the admin of this site today alerting me to the possibility there had been a security breach and I have written Len/security team in an effort to make sure we get this problem squared away.

Also, my name has never been Damon. I'm a retired law enforcement officer who has lived in Jackson, Wyoming for 38 years and has had the same email address for decades. Damon's PayPal/email address ain't it. Same thing happened to me over on the fire. Trying to get it cleaned up.

hnts4fun account has been hacked. The last time I legitimately logged on to this account was February 27, 2023 when I bought a set of used rings. To the buyer, I recommend you call local law enforcement to make a report, then use that report to file another one with the postal inspector. I have been a member of this site since 2009 in good standing and have bought and sold numerous items without a hitch. I received a notice from the admin of this site today alerting me to the possibility there had been a security breach and I have written Len/security team in an effort to make sure we get this problem squared away.

Also, my name has never been Damon. I'm a retired law enforcement officer who has lived in Jackson, Wyoming for 38 years and has had the same email address for decades. Damon's PayPal/email address ain't it. Same thing happened to me over on the fire. Trying to get it cleaned up.
Getting hacked is essentially a big pain in the but. I have an IT degree and have to recommend that the best way not to get hacked is to lock your account whenever you step away from the computer to get another beer, glass of water, or to pee. When you are done for the day shut down the computer. If the computer is not on, it can't be hacked. Don't cheap out on the virus protection. If you have a free one you get what you pay for. My recommendation is Norton 360. I have used Norton since the 90's and have had very few instances of getting a virus and probably none in the last 15 years. Norton works in the background, is constantly and immediately updating any new virus that comes out. This does use system resources to keep you safe. If you don't have sufficient ram it will slow things down. Ram is cheap. It pays to have as much as your computer can hold. If you get an email telling you that you have won something out of the blue, (I get several of these a day) it is probably a scam or phishing. Don't open it, delete and block the sender. Same goes if you get the message that your account (any account) has been locked for any reason. Don't open, don't answer and whatever you do, do not follow their instructions. Lastly if you get a popup that your computer has been compromised and you are to follow specific instructions in order to get your data unlocked. This is called Ransomware. One of the instructions is to not shut down your computer. Shutting down your computer using the power button (hold it in for 5 seconds or so to force an immediate shut down) is exactly what you need to do. If you acknowledge their popup or follow any of their instructions you will immediately allow them access to your computer. At that point they will in fact lock up all of your data because you allowed them into your system. At that point you can either pay them, and maybe they will undo their dirty work, or maybe not. The other option is to reset your computer. Window will not eliminate your files, but the programs will be lost. You should have a disk. usb drive or download to replace the ones that were deleted. Make sure your backup are up to date. Things are getting worse, not better. Somewhat like the politics of the day. You need to protect yourself.:mad:

Getting hacked is essentially a big pain in the but. I have an IT degree and have to recommend that the best way not to get hacked is to lock your account whenever you step away from the computer to get another beer, glass of water, or to pee. When you are done for the day shut down the computer. If the computer is not on, it can't be hacked. Don't cheap out on the virus protection. If you have a free one you get what you pay for. My recommendation is Norton 360. I have used Norton since the 90's and have had very few instances of getting a virus and probably none in the last 15 years. Norton works in the background, is constantly and immediately updating any new virus that comes out. This does use system resources to keep you safe. If you don't have sufficient ram it will slow things down. Ram is cheap. It pays to have as much as your computer can hold. If you get an email telling you that you have won something out of the blue, (I get several of these a day) it is probably a scam or phishing. Don't open it, delete and block the sender. Same goes if you get the message that your account (any account) has been locked for any reason. Don't open, don't answer and whatever you do, do not follow their instructions. Lastly if you get a popup that your computer has been compromised and you are to follow specific instructions in order to get your data unlocked. This is called Ransomware. One of the instructions is to not shut down your computer. Shutting down your computer using the power button (hold it in for 5 seconds or so to force an immediate shut down) is exactly what you need to do. If you acknowledge their popup or follow any of their instructions you will immediately allow them access to your computer. At that point they will in fact lock up all of your data because you allowed them into your system. At that point you can either pay them, and maybe they will undo their dirty work, or maybe not. The other option is to reset your computer. Window will not eliminate your files, but the programs will be lost. You should have a disk. usb drive or download to replace the ones that were deleted. Make sure your backup are up to date. Things are getting worse, not better. Somewhat like the politics of the day. You need to protect yourself.:mad:
You could do all of that. Or, buy a Mac.

You could do all of that. Or, buy a Mac.
That argument has been going on since the 90's and is so old that it too is a moot point. If Mac's were so great the world would be running them instead of Windows, which would then make Mac's the target of hackers choice. It is a never ending battle and many hacks are initiated via email, which open on both Mac's and Windows.

That argument has been going on since the 90's and is so old that it too is a moot point. If Mac's were so great the world would be running them instead of Windows, which would then make Mac's the target of hackers choice. It is a never ending battle and many hacks are initiated via email, which open on both Mac's and Windows.
Just because something is popular doesn't make it better. There's more people shooting a savage axis than Sako TRG. I do concede that if Macs were more prevalent they would get hacked more, and phishing emails are universal. But I've run macs for almost 20 years, never paid for anti-virus protection, and to the best of my knowledge never had my computer hacked or gotten a virus.

Lot's of love for the 7mm-08 and I'll second that. It does everything you want with minimal recoil. And I see ammo on the self all the time. Just pick up enough that will get you through a drought when we have another.

If you like the 27 caliber, have a 27-08(277 fury) barrel spun up. I haven't seen ammo on the shelves yet, but sig always has it on their website. 4 good bullet choices. Reload for it and do ever better. Just run the brass cases for now, but if you want more performance you can get the hybrid cases down the line, they are available now. You can get the same weight, but higher BC bullet in the 27-08 than you can a 7-08, it's just more niche at the moment.

I love my 270 wsm but I have an 8 twist and shoot the 170 Berger EOL. It's got some fast punch recoil, so for your injury you would need a brake. I'd take that 270 win and trick it out and make it a tack driver. New trigger, new bedded McMillan stock can help any rifle shoot better. Try those 136 grain Terminal Ascent factory loads and go hammer em. Plenty of other factory loads available and if you decide to handload Rldr 26 can turn an ol 270 win into a wicked deer killer. I still love shooting 150 grain Partition's out of my Sako L61. It drives tacks out to 500 yards and folds bucks and hogs like lawn chairs. If the 150 grain Accubond LR will shoot out of your rifle it is phenomenal on deer. I've been shooting my 25-06 a lot lately but the 277's are in the front of the gun safe.

Just because something is popular doesn't make it better. There's more people shooting a savage axis than Sako TRG. I do concede that if Macs were more prevalent they would get hacked more, and phishing emails are universal. But I've run macs for almost 20 years, never paid for anti-virus protection, and to the best of my knowledge never had my computer hacked or gotten a virus.
You are lucky and the comparison between the Sako and the Savage have little or nothing to do outside of the fact that some people can afford a Sako, and some can't. I again reiterate the fact that if Apple is so good, why does most if the world use Windows? It's an old and worn out argument. To each their own.

You are lucky and the comparison between the Sako and the Savage have little or nothing to do outside of the fact that some people can afford a Sako, and some can't. I again reiterate the fact that if Apple is so good, why does most if the world use Windows? It's an old and worn out argument. To each their own.
People have a hard time learning new things and Microsoft has the market penetration. All of the unix based OSs, which includes everything apple has done since they released OSX, are objectively better than Windows, but until really recently almost no consumer grade software was being written for them, which makes it difficult to run if you need applications that are only written for Windows.

The vast majority of the computers in the world actually run on some flavor of unix, but those are generally not end user terminals.

If we include handheld devices the % goes way up as almost all of them are unix based. I'd be willing to bet there's a lot more phones and tablets out there anymore than desktops and laptops. Far more servers than desktop/laptops. The world runs on linux.

7 SAUM would be a good option. I shoot a 7 Sherman Short which is a very close to the 7SAUM. Felt recoil is slightly more than my Savage 10 6 CM. The SAUM factory ammo might be scarce now though. May have to buy custom ammo for it.
My 7SS is a 1/2" rifle and shoots both the 168 VLD-H and 175 Elite Hunter bullets.

People have a hard time learning new things and Microsoft has the market penetration. All of the unix based OSs, which includes everything apple has done since they released OSX, are objectively better than Windows, but until really recently almost no consumer grade software was being written for them, which makes it difficult to run if you need applications that are only written for Windows.

The vast majority of the computers in the world actually run on some flavor of unix, but those are generally not end user terminals.

If we include handheld devices the % goes way up as almost all of them are unix based. I'd be willing to bet there's a lot more phones and tablets out there anymore than desktops and laptops. Far more servers than desktop/laptops. The world runs on linux.
I ran the data center for a large Midwest based insurance company for 15 years before I retired. We ran several different versions of the IBM 360 using the Z operating system as well as both Linux and Unix based Control M job scheduler. Not surprisingly all of our desktops and workstations were Windows based. Started out with Windows 2000, Finished up with Windows 10. What you say is correct, if you are using just about any electronic device it will at one point or another interface with a mainframe computer using Unix or Linux. So what is your point? Clearly Apple was behind the development curve when they chose not to develop business software. And in reality it doesn't matter, there are Windows people and there are Apple people and each think that their choice is the only one. I have been retired for a few years now, but an IT infrastructure is all server based and the last time I looked Apple had no Server Programs. If you have an Apple chances are you are communicating with a Windows server. Your email is most likely done on a Windows Server application, fed into a mainframe computer and routed on the Internet via a system of Cisco routers which direct your message via the instructions from your computer to the destination computer based on little information packets containing all the information needed to go from your computer to any other specific computer in the world at the speed of light. (Although speedy those little packets may journey a couple of times around the world searching for it's destination. Now with all of that out of he way lets quit this discussion which is entirely off base here and return to the somewhat insane world of firearms, cases, primers, powders and bullets and leave this computer talk to the Nerds. 🤣