Got the itch to build again.

trophyhunter1000

Hell everyone my name is Cliff and as the title says I got the itch to build another gun, the challenge on this one is I'm coming off some strokes so this will be like occupational therapy. I'm going to build on a true remington 700 action which will be a first for me and I'm thinking 7mm08 for the caliber. Open to any advice.

Thank you.

Hell everyone my name is Cliff and as the title says I got the itch to build another gun, the challenge on this one is I'm coming off some strokes so this will be like occupational therapy. I'm going to build on a true remington 700 action which will be a first for me and I'm thinking 7mm08 for the caliber. Open to any advice.

Thank you.
If it is a short action go with 6.5X47. I did and it is a laser.

I like the options yall gave. But 7mm08 is a caliber I don't have and have always wanted. Now that I can't shoot my magnums due to blood thinners I figure no time like the present. Also I have a 6.5 cm already that is a tack driver.
Then I agree with the 7mm-08 you have made an excellent choice I have taken all sorts of game with one great bullet selections as well as powder choices good luck with it

I like the options yall gave. But 7mm08 is a caliber I don't have and have always wanted. Now that I can't shoot my magnums due to blood thinners I figure no time like the present. Also I have a 6.5 cm already that is a tack driver.

You will love the 7mm-08, I've been using it for 30+ years and it has never let me down.

I like that I can load it light with 100gr bullets for varmints and up to 168gr bullets for targets, silhouettes and hunting large game. Taken countless coues, mulies, javelinas and coyotes, and would not hesitate to use it on elk out to 500m.

Hope your build turns out great and your health improves as well. Stay safe

You will love the 7mm-08, I've been using it for 30+ years and it has never let me down.

I like that I can load it light with 100gr bullets for varmints and up to 168gr bullets for targets, silhouettes and hunting large game. Taken countless coues, mulies, javelinas and coyotes, and would not hesitate to use it on elk out to 500m.

Hope your build turns out great and your health improves as well. Stay safe
Thank you sir for the kind words. This will be a max 500 yard rifle for whitetail in south Texas.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.