I've got the itch

Clem Bronkoski

I've always loved the challenge of sending single projectiles downrange and trying to put them in the same hole or shoot tiny groups. Over my many years of shooting I had a couple rifles that could do just that and still have 2 in my gun safe. But I am definitely going to try this long range stuff. Sounds like a lot of fun. I have a custom LH Win Model 70 in 270WSM that I have set up with a Leupold 4.5-16x Vari X III mounted on. Still working on loads for it. But I just called my local gun shop yesterday inquiring on the price of a Tikka T3x TAC and T3x Varmint in 6.5 Creedmoor. I am a southpaw and although I have shot RH rifles many times, I prefer the lefties and I like the buttery smooth action of the Tikka and their accuracy reputation (I have a T3 lite in '06)
I've been following this forum for a bit now and doing some research. Sounds like fun dinging steel waaay out there.

Shooting long range steel is kinda addictive.

As for a rail for a Tikka I would recommend an EGW HD series rail.

Scope rings - I like Nightforce, Seekins, Badger

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.