Getting the itch again?

Rangerbear

ive been out the long range shooting game for a while. I really rejoined the group to look at selling my long range equipment but after reading through the articles in the forum I've kind of got the itch to start reloading and doing some Rock chucking. Have any of yal been out for a while then come back?

Can't think of a reason I would leave except maybe a catastrophic health ordeal. I have had a couple friends hang it up for a while and then return when they are in better financial condition.

ive been out the long range shooting game for a while. I really rejoined the group to look at selling my long range equipment but after reading through the articles in the forum I've kind of got the itch to start reloading and doing some Rock chucking. Have any of yal been out for a while then come back?

I've been in and out several times in the last thirty years.

The problem is that every time I get back in I end up with several more guns, several new cartridges, all of the wherewithal to reload them investing more time and money in it than ever before.

I have finally got the addiction under control but it will never be cured.

I've been in and out several times in the last thirty years.

The problem is that every time I get back in I end up with several more guns, several new cartridges, all of the wherewithal to reload them investing more time and money in it than ever before.

I have finally got the addiction under control but it will never be cured.
Everyone needs to enjoy something . Life is short , enjoy

Don't seem to shoot as much in the winter. Use that time to restock on supplies, research new Technics and try to improve my reloading equipment and procedures. But never considered quitting.

I never quit entirely, I just "evolve in cycles". At present, I'm focusing on light hunting rifles for handy woods hunting and shots out to 250 yards or so. Hence, the recent Mark V Altitude acquisition and the pending Finnlight acquisition.

I avoid selling rifles most of the time because I know that in a short period of time (2-3 years) I'll get interested again. So what I do, is put them in "dry-dock". Usually, this entails removing the optic for use on something else (save a lot of money on glass this way) and transferring the rifle over to my 2nd safe. Invariably, I get the bug again to reacquaint myself with a certain type of shooting, and I'm glad all I have to do to be back in business is reach for the Fat Wrench and the reloading manual!

I had to take a Brake when the Dr. Opened up my chest for Heart Surgery . I had then give me exact date I was cleared to shoot again ! It was tough on me to do almost nothing for that time period but when the day came my Wife looks at me and said Please be careful ! I did but the first shot from that 338 Edge put the Biggest Smile on my Face Ever !
I have went overboard on the 338's !
Six and counting ! Now I have a few buddies and my Brother into them now !
I have tryed to take the next step up but backed of several times now . Ha ha

I'm sure it's going to happen here shortly .
This week we are going to send some way out !
My goal this week is 1760 , 2000 and 2200 yards ! I hope my buddy is ready for the Smile when I connect !

I have to Thank alot of the members here for the help getting my goal of ELR to come true !

Rum Man

I had to take a Brake when the Dr. Opened up my chest for Heart Surgery . I had then give me exact date I was cleared to shoot again ! It was tough on me to do almost nothing for that time period but when the day came my Wife looks at me and said Please be careful ! I did but the first shot from that 338 Edge put the Biggest Smile on my Face Ever !
I have went overboard on the 338's !
Six and counting ! Now I have a few buddies and my Brother into them now !
I have tryed to take the next step up but backed of several times now . Ha ha

I'm sure it's going to happen here shortly .
This week we are going to send some way out !
My goal this week is 1760 , 2000 and 2200 yards ! I hope my buddy is ready for the Smile when I connect !

I have to Thank alot of the members here for the help getting my goal of ELR to come true !

Rum Man
Good for you brother!

I love the idea of ELR, but on this side of the Mississippi there are not any places that I know of where you can shoot past a grand, and those are hard to come by.

So, I say enjoy it to the fullest and if you can take that next step up. We only have so much time on this earth and I want to be one of those old men talking about what I did and not what I wish I would have done.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts