Here it is Ladies and Gentlemen! My Rem700

Same here. I'm willing to see if I have a diamond in the rough before dropping that $500-600 at the smith. So far, I've been pretty lucky with factory barrels. Only had one that wouldn't shoot from the get-go. 1 for 15 isn't too bad a percentage, if I say so myself. I'll take 94% positive results any day of the week. :D

$5-600! Ouch! I thought it was bad enough that the barrels are running $3-400!

I bought a decent lathe off of EBay for $800 and had to buy some tooling, but now I have equipment and a skill!

At $250 a barrel for the smith, you pay for it all in 5 barrels! If you get good enough, you could always do a few for friends and make some of the investment back.

... I feel like I need to throw this in here. I am not looking at taking on any additional work. My farm keeps me busy enough!

I Totally shot the barrel out on the factory. I shot a bunch of matches that first year. At 250 rounds per weekend, you start adding up quick!

I put the Shilen on in October, I have about 640 rounds down it. It is a good barrel, but I think I will try a new company called X-caliber this fall. I ordered a 6mm barrel from them and their lead time is almost nothing, and price is about 1/4 less than Shilen.

I am anxious to try it.

That explains it, thanks!

Heard lot of good things about X-caliber here in MT. Cheers!

$5-600! Ouch! I thought it was bad enough that the barrels are running $3-400!

I bought a decent lathe off of EBay for $800 and had to buy some tooling, but now I have equipment and a skill!

At $250 a barrel for the smith, you pay for it all in 5 barrels! If you get good enough, you could always do a few for friends and make some of the investment back.

... I feel like I need to throw this in here. I am not looking at taking on any additional work. My farm keeps me busy enough!

That's including all work, and includes the price of my barrel blank (brand of choice, as well as fluted or non-fluted makes the price fluctuate)...

If someone told me $500-600 just for the labor, I'd walk out. LOL

Okay, including the barrel, that isn't so bad. It made me angry just thinking about a guy asking $600 to mount a barrel! Yikes!

i think the m40 stock will fit me better than the sendero stock. it is a half pound heavier. making the sendero stock bettter for hunting the m40/longrangge stock better for targets

Nice looking rifle, I couldn't find one of those for sale anywhere so I bought an older 700 ADL in 7mm mag. and ordered an M40 B&C from Stocky's.

Looking forward to a range report!

Nice looking rifle, I couldn't find one of those for sale anywhere so I bought an older 700 ADL in 7mm mag. and ordered an M40 B&C from Stocky's.

Looking forward to a range report!

Thanks man!

I love it! I got the cheek rest installed last night, big difference now, dont have to strain to keep my eye aligned with the scope.

I couldnt find one either to be honest. I was poking around on gun-broker one night and found one forsale, I didnt read the description very well and was wondering why the guy wanted almost 1000 bucks for it, turned out, it was redhawk rifles in colorado and they did some work to it, i had called him up and got that info, i asked if he happened to have another lying around, new in the box and he did.

I went as far as calling Remington and asking when they were going to run another batch, they couldnt give me that info, said they didnt know.

A04goat, here are the pictures about bedding the stock. Remember, these are MY preferences, and based on how this rifle shoots, it works very well. But some guys don't like full bedding down a pillar.

This is the un bedded bell and Carleson on my Weatherby. Notice that it is pillar bedded as it will come from Stocky's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 16
Now here is the bottom view of my Remington and note the bedding down the pillar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 15
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.