Help with new magneto speed numbers

I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't adjust the charge weights any. I also wouldn't bump the shoulders back unless you have a hard bolt close on an empty case. As long as the case fits and the bolt closes easily, I'd neck size only. My prediction is your 63.2 group will be the best.

I'll need to bump it this time, I'm sure. I had too much bolt resistance on close with some of them during the this session.

With annealed shoulders I get more consistent shoulder bump. I have found a case that has hard bolt close can induce vertical in a group. I bump .002 under chamber headspace on everything except .223 practice rounds.

i still think the low side looks better .. 60.9 .. the high side has one spot that the numbers were low .. but i dont see any room for temp change .. youll have to wait till it cools down to see if it drops outta node ... also think 2930 is plenty fast with 150gr

Last edited:
haha I've seen some results like yours. What cartridge were you using it in? I have about a pound of it left. After that, I've got an 8lb keg of h4350 to go back to but am hesitant on relying on it since supply dries up at times. After my staball is gone, if I don't somehow find consistent speeds, I'm going to look into one of the less popular old standby powders like imr4350 or maybe accurate 4350 for 180gr bullets. There's also that SW4350 from powder valley... I'd like to try that out.
IMR 4350 has always been very accurate in every caliber I have tried it in. It may just be the ticket for more consistency.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.