magneto speed

m77mkII

Anybody have this new gadget yet? Uses electro-magnetic flux to get speed of bullet.Thoughts,ideas?Manufacturer claims it doesn't miss because of shade,etc.

type magneto speed into the search at the top right of the page. Several of us have them and been using them. There is already quite a bit of info on this site.

Jeff

I have one and like it a LOT. It seems to read consistently and is way easier to set up than the traditional chrony's. Broz (who posted above) did a side-by-side with an Oehler and (if I recall correctly) got good correlation. I can't find the thread off hand but I will post it if I do.

I purchase one two months ago V2 model . Speeds are accurate when checking against ballistic program IPhone !

You will see POi shifts with it I have seen 3/4 of an ich at 100 .

No bigdeal to me . Great product and not a hassle to set up !

I've had my V1 for about a month and several shooting sessions, I previously had to borrow a conventional chrony so my overall experience is a bit limited.

However I like it a lot - It plain works. Sure you have to change you range practises because of the point of impact thing (its about 1- 2 inches with the rifles I've so far used it with - all lightweight sporters) but once you've gotten sorted - no problem.

Now I shoot my foulers to make sure I have the aim point in the right place, if not I adjust the aiming point (not my scope - remember I'm not a dialler and these are hunting rifles) and fire the strings, typically I'm doing ladder tests or the like.

Once I'm shooting final groups I take the chrony off and if necessary adjust the zero.

Best thing of all - no missed records in the middle of a critical string because the light changes or a sight mis-alignment of the screens.

Foster

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts