Help please think I'm doing this wrong

now I checked the insid of this and I would think it would be closer to .300 since the bullet is .308 but it should stop at the goal and be a little smaller not as small as the reading I got

is this where I went wrong ? Was thinking this is the one for 30 cal. ?

This is the correct insert for 30 cal. I have two of these inserts and they measured .294 and .295. So I think this is correct.

If I'm reading all the pics correctly it looks like the COAL from the factory loaded ammo is .209 off the lands. Quite a jump.

Did you specify ammo that was .015 off the lands. If so, it appears that it not what they made.

Do the rounds fit well in the mag or are they way short of the front of the mag?

This is the correct insert for 30 cal. I have two of these inserts and they measured .294 and .295. So I think this is correct.

If I'm reading all the pics correctly it looks like the COAL from the factory loaded ammo is .209 off the lands. Quite a jump.

Did you specify ammo that was .015 off the lands. If so, it appears that it not what they made.

Do the rounds fit well in the mag or are they way short of the front of the mag?

It's what they did , to fit mag. And no joke it shots like a lazer ! There is no way I'm getting the berger in that mag . The nosler 200 gran partition is shooting 200 yards and the holes all touch ! So at least if the Bergers don't shoot well I got them to fall back on

It's what they did , to fit mag. And no joke it shots like a lazer ! There is no way I'm getting the berger in that mag . The nosler 200 gran partition is shooting 200 yards and the holes all touch ! So at least if the Bergers don't shoot well I got them to fall back on

Well, I would venture to say, you have done this right and have no problem.
Nice when it all works isn't it? :D

What do you mean by " my numbers are off from other peoples"? What were others getting that seemed far off? Also, what is the tip to tip measurement on your test round that just hit the lands.

I think the 3.600 is referring to oal, over all length, you are measuring bto, base to ogive.
If I am reading this right.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.