Help needed: 26“ bbl .30-06

Is an accurate 26“ bbl .30-06 with Krieger #7 contour possible?

• The whole idea is impossible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Might work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No problem with a good gunsmith

Votes: 21 100.0%

• Total voters
The gunsmith finally replied and will take the barrel back for a full refund.
I lost 10 months but at least it will be solved without litigation.

A different gunsmith will build the barrel for me. Lead time 20 weeks, but he's reliable easy to communicate with and has a track record for building good prs rigs over the last few years.
Downside is that I'll have to settle on Lothar Walther, which isn't too bad in the end, though.
Still is a crappy deal, but at least you are refunded and on towrds something better hopefully.
Fill us in when its done.

The gunsmith finally replied and will take the barrel back for a full refund.
I lost 10 months but at least it will be solved without litigation.

A different gunsmith will build the barrel for me. Lead time 20 weeks, but he's reliable easy to communicate with and has a track record for building good prs rigs over the last few years.
Downside is that I'll have to settle on Lothar Walther, which isn't too bad in the end, though.
Good news! I seem to remember a F Class competitor over in Europe that posted a lot on one of Montana Marine's threads. Or maybe it was a thread that MM was on about 30-06. He even tried a 30-06 AI for awhile if I remember correctly. I'll try to post the thread if I can find it.

Still is a crappy deal, but at least you are refunded and on towrds something better hopefully.
Fill us in when its done.
Life teaches lessons, whether I like it or not. 🤷‍♂️
At least the new barrel will be a 9" twist, so I could even go up to the 245 gr bullets.
Kind of crazy for a .30-06, but on the other hand, I'm shooting 286 gr bullets out of basically the same case with my 9.3x62.

Good news! I seem to remember a F Class competitor over in Europe that posted a lot on one of Montana Marine's threads. Or maybe it was a thread that MM was on about 30-06. He even tried a 30-06 AI for awhile if I remember correctly. I'll try to post the thread if I can find it.

That thread would be very interesting. I'd be grateful, I you found and posted it here.
Thanks in advance!