Help me pick a spotting scope

omt223

I was interested in the 11-33x50 gen 1 razor but I now realize that there isn't a mil reticle eye piece available for them. So I am either thinking of holding out and looking for a gen 1 16-48x65 razor.

Alternatively, I have access new Athlon Ares G2, 15-45x65 UHD. But I am pretty sure its chinese glass, and it sketches me out as such. All of the reviews look positive for the most part though.

What do you have in mind for a budget for the spotter? You will need a quality tripod to maximize the spotter's capability, so factor that in. Also, what will you be using the glass for primarily (range / target practice or hunting)? Remember, there are no free lunches when it comes to spotting scopes, you get what you pay for.

I ended up going with an ares. I have a decent carbon tripod to put it on. Mostly range but as I begin to actually work in about 5 years, I'll hopefully be able to get out west and actually use it for hunting.

The ares is small and someone on SH was selling the mil eye piece for relatively cheap so I scooped it up. Likewise I think I have found the scope as well at a price I could easily resell if it's not for me

I ended up going with an ares. I have a decent carbon tripod to put it on. Mostly range but as I begin to actually work in about 5 years, I'll hopefully be able to get out west and actually use it for hunting.

The ares is small and someone on SH was selling the mil eye piece for relatively cheap so I scooped it up. Likewise I think I have found the scope as well at a price I could easily resell if it's not for me