Help me pick a scope

any feedback to the above^^?
It sounds like you're looking for something specific? FFP, Mil reticle, Mil turrets, exposed windage and elevation turrets? Something like that? There are nice scopes that skip a lot of these features that come in around $1k like the VX5 or Zeiss V4. One of the less expensive ones that's half decent that comes in around that same price point is the Viper PST. Personally after having compared binoculars with the best Vortex has to offer I won't buy any more of their stuff. I do have a few scopes from the Razor line that are nice though. As a cheaper option with those features I am considering one of the Razors for a rifle I plan on putting together soon. I've heard the DMR II is a pretty nice optic for the money and comes with those features. I think you need to narrow down exactly what features you're looking for and what price point and that will help narrow down the suggestions.

Last edited:
It sounds like you're looking for something specific? FFP, Mil reticle, Mil turrets, exposes windage and elevation turrets? Something like that? There are nice scopes that skip a lot of these features that come in around $1k like the VX5 or Zeiss V4. One of the less expensive ones that's half decent that comes in around that same price point is the Viper PST. Personally after having compared binoculars with the best Vortex has to offer I won't buy any more of their stuff. I do have a few scopes from the Razor line that are nice though. As a cheaper option with those features I am considering one of the Razors for a rifle I plan on putting together soon. I've heard the DMR II is a pretty nice optic for the money and comes with those features. I think you need to narrow down exactly what features you're looking for and what price point and that will help narrow down the suggestions.
I ended up buying the bushnell; rings may end up being a little low. Got it for 870 shipped with the vortex precision rings

You will like it..I have 4 of the LRHS scopes—I've beat the heck out of two of them and they have held zero and worked. Look at the Maven line in the future—been impressed with their offerings for the dollar.